Review by Vivianne Nat -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vivianne Nat
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 30
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Review by Vivianne Nat -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Vivianne Nat »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mindset" by Ace Bowers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In this inspiring memoir from Ace Bowers, he gladly tells us about his humble beginning until he managed to get himself and his family out of poverty - from being a janitor who had nothing to being a millionaire. Of course, in this difficult world, we all wonder what was his secret? That is what his book is all about.

The Mindset is all about Ace’s story of perseverance. His success was driven by his determination to become a better person and father, and it's fueled by his love for his family – his wife and children. He didn’t want his children to experience the stressing and depressing life he had when he was young. He wanted them to have a family who cares and loves them and a family in which they really feel belonged to.

In his book, he started by giving us a glimpse of his childhood where we learned that he came from a dysfunctional family. He spent his younger days hiding the truth about his family from people just so they wouldn’t make fun of him. He wasn’t born with a silver spoon in his mouth. His parents drowned themselves with vices like alcohol and cigarettes, despite the fact that their household income was not enough to fund the things they need.

A child should feel safe in the comfort of their own home. However, this was not the case for Ace. He grew up always anticipating the idea that his parents would end up in an argument every night, and the fear would lull them to sleep. His home felt like a ticking time bomb that could blow up any second. His sister was the only solace he had because his brother was always in prison.

Having a chaotic family doesn’t really offer a good environment for a child to grow up into. For someone who came from that kind of situation, Ace grew up to become a responsible man, perhaps far from what other people thought he would be because of his family background.

His story is inspiring and something that a lot of people can relate to. He emphasized on the idea that having the right attitude and thinking towards life can definitely impact one’s perspective and set everything in motion towards the right path.

I like the fact that this is not the typical step-by-step-guide-to-success book we have all been accustomed to reading. It is just an account of the author’s life but it has so much depth. It is a story of success, and it's filled with bits and pieces of lessons one can incorporate into their own life.

The book is exceptionally edited and proofread. I didn’t find any error upon my reading. Also, there is nothing to dislike about it. Mr. Bowers just poured out his heart into this memoir and he managed to move my heart. The story is a delight to read. I like the idea that he gave us an in-depth description of the people in his life, and that made me see the impacts they had in his.

I gladly grant this one a rating of 4 out of 4 star. A well deserved score for a perfectly written memoir worthy of one’s time. Written in the first person point of view, it was very direct and engaging. It is not a lengthy tale. I am sure those who love inspirational and life-changing stories will find this short read a good choice.

The Mindset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”