Review by Samantha Shinn -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samantha Shinn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-shinn.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Samantha Shinn -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Samantha Shinn »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zone by Jorge P. Newbery is a motivating background of a man who became a multimillionaire that lost it all because of a terrible ice storm. The biggest issue was not the city or the ice storm but was Jorge, who did not know when to call it quits. He is not a quitter and admits to being prideful at times. At the time, he blamed many people, but later realized it was his burn zone that he is his own bullet. Nobody can make your decision for you; only you can get yourself in a mess and out of it. He learned his lesson and went into a burn zone to get himself out of financial debt while helping others that are going through similar financial struggles.

The best part of the book is when the author mentions in the last chapter that he is his magic bullet! I thought it was a unique and beautiful concept to utilize in my daily life. When I get into a mess, no matter how small or big, I know that I made the decisions that led me there as well as that I am the only person that can get me out. No one else can be blamed for the situations you get yourself into. Also, I enjoy that even though he struggled in his defeat, he did not let it hold him down. He struggled at first, making him relatable to most people, but he did not let it define who he was, which makes this book very inspirational. There wasn’t any downside to this book.

I rate Burn Zone by Jorge P. Newbery four out of four stars. The reason that it was very inspirational, which was his goal. It motivated me to push past my comfort zone and go for my passion. Also, it seemed as if the book was professionally edited. There were a few counted errors, which are common typing issues that occur and are easily missed. Most of the mistakes the author made were placing the comma outside of quotation marks rather than inside. For example, on page eight of chapter six: “Hearing ‘felony charges’, my liver sprayed bile up my throat, a sensation I had not experienced since Woodland Meadows.” The comma after ‘felony charges’ needs to be moved within the quotation mark. There were a few others like this, but it is easily done when typing fast and so easily missed with proofreading; therefore, I did not count off in the ratings.

The audience that Jorge P. Newbery is most likely targeting is anyone that is in the middle of a “burn zone,” or difficult time, especially financially, and needs some motivation to get out of it. It is not necessarily devoted to a specific religious group or age range. However, it is most likely suited for those past their mid-thirties, who would be able to relate to the financial crisis that Jorge went through.

I recommend the Burn Zone to anyone who feels defeated in their financial situation. This book will give you the motivation to push past your fears and condition so that you can enter a burn zone that will help you toward victory. The road is not easy, as Jorge lays out clearly in his book. However, he teaches you that you cannot wait for others to get you out of the situation you are in; only you can be your own “bullet.”

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”