Review by Ilija2 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ilija2
Currently Reading: Mixed Blessings
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilija2.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by Ilija2 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Ilija2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery is a memoir in which the author talks about his career and his personal life. In the beginning, we read about the author’s childhood. He grew up in a very comfortable atmosphere, his family supported him in every possible way. When he was a teenager he felt marginalized so he found asylum in a punk world. In this book author also talked about some important topics like racism in America or police brutality. While I was reading the book I wasn’t sure is it a memoir or is it a self-help book. In the end, I realized that it is a memoir that has a very motivational story that can help other people to help themselves.

The thing I liked the most is his beautiful love story. He married the woman he loved. Emotional readers may even cry while they read about his wedding. I also liked reading about the bicycle races, about the struggles and his progress throughout the time. He learned some lessons in a bicycle racing world and applied them in all aspects of his life. He always sets his goal and he is fully dedicated to achieving it. He was a paperboy, he was selling ice creams, he was a bike racer and in the end, he became a real estate investor. Aldo, he became a successful investor he never forgot about people who are discriminated in America, he fought for their rights.

I disliked his attitude that everyone can succeed if he is a hard worker. His major arguments are Burn zones and people who face these challenges have to stand still until they manage to overcome those challenges. Everyone can get maximum out of his/her potential but people who don’t have equal rights can’t succeed equally. Maybe he had that in mind while he was writing this book but he just didn’t express in the right way.

In this book, the reader gets to see him building his career step-by-step. Jorge has excellent ability of introspection, he analyses his strengths and weaknesses very well. Suddenly he experiences a financial disaster. One day he lived the American dream and the next day he was at the bottom, in debts.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book is very well edited. This title is a must-read for all people who love inspirational life stories, people who fight for social rights and people who are in debt because they can see that even if you are in debt you still can get over it and live a happy life. Life is full of ups and downs, ups make us happy and downs give us lessons for life.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Jaca100
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jaca100 »

This review made me to want to read this book. Thank you!

AvocaDebo621
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”