Review by Agnes Masobeng -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 383
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Review by Agnes Masobeng -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands is written by Jorge P. Newbery. This tale is autobiographical non-fiction that follows the life of Jorgie (as his father affectionately called him) from a young age until when he is a fully grown and matured man. Jorge commences his career as a business person at the age of seven where he delivers a daily newspaper. He works his way up and eventually manages to deliver a competing newspaper as well.

Jorge is different from other typical businessmen because he gets bored easily. In fact, Jorge hates doing one similar business for the rest of his life. As a result of this boredom, Jorge starts off as a newspaper delivery boy, then jumps to selling ice-cream, later he founds a musical recording company and lastly becomes a real-estate business titleholder.

Throughout his business and entire career, Jorge encounters countless trials of which he calls them burn zones. In this regard, he describes burn zones as a period of extreme challenges. In cases like this, the best, the strong, the skilled and the fit will come out on top. What I liked about the author together with this book is that Jorge does exactly what he preaches. When he faces tons of hardships, he always forces his way up and regains his strength. To top it up, he does not whine or feel sorry for himself when life pushes him down. He removes the dust off his feet and carries on. I loved this more than anything.

Honestly, there is nothing I liked the least about Burn Zones . It is well written, professionally edited and covers significant topics like racism. Racism is mentioned in passing which means it was neither thoroughly discussed nor stressed upon. Although it is such a huge and significant topic which one would believe that it should have been discussed in-depth, I think the author did it on purpose not to discuss it in depth as racism is not a central theme. The central theme is about getting up again when life knocks you down.

As I have mentioned that Burn Zones seem to have been professionally edited, I rate it a perfect four out of four stars . The author took his time in entertaining, educating and daring the reader. While this is not a business book, I recommend it to the readers who are in real-estate business or planning to climb that corporate ladder. Lovers of music more especially punk music will enjoy this fascinating and captivating tale. It is enthralling to read how Jorge produced punk music and how his mother ended up accommodating the punk bands for the local concert. There was neither profanity nor was there explicit sexual scenes and Burn Zones can be enjoyed by readers of all major religions.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20

AvocaDebo621
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 383
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

Thank you for your comment AvocaDebo621, it really means a lot. I enjoyed reading Burn Zones as well, it is very educational.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”