Review by TheHudHud98 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TheHudHud98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thehudhud98.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Review by TheHudHud98 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by TheHudHud98 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Everyone's life is full of burn zones, which test the limits of our bodies and minds. As referenced by Jorge P Newbery in Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands, this memorable quote is paramount throughout the remarkable journey that we get to share along the way with the author. Jorge loves to help others, and he's never short of little nuggets of wisdom whenever he has the chance. It is truly inspirational to see Jorge go from being a shy intimidated person to learning to research, ask, negotiate, reason, interpret, calculate, visualize, and create the realities that he envisions.

We get to see the beginning of Jorge's business pursuits start as early as age 7. As I read this, I had to applaud the author for such an early start on a work ethic. I remember being 7. I was terrible with money. The temptation of buying something new and burning a hole in my pocket was too hard to resist at that age. That being said, the author worked his way up the corporate ladder slowly but surely. Jorge would get an interest in something and wouldn't stop until he mastered it. However, as soon as he adequately understood a field of expertise and reached the top, he got bored and propelled eagerly on to something else. These were definitely the makings of a serial entrepreneur.

When Jorge raced bicycles, he looked at competitions as having burn zones, which are relatively short periods of the extraordinary effort that separates the winners and losers. He applied the term "burn zones" throughout the story as he faced adversity head-on. Through taking risks and working tirelessly, he built a real estate empire of over 4,000 apartments across the USA. Of course, life has to happen. Regrettably, he took one risk too many.

An ice storm on Christmas Eve 2004 triggered his downfall. He was slandered, publicly shamed, and financially gutted—even arrested. If that wasn't hard enough, he lost everything and ended up $26 million in debt. He discovered that no one was going to help him as he struggled to regain his footing. This unfortunate tragedy would later lead him to help others crushed by similar situations.

This inspirational book is well-edited as I was scarcely able to positively identify a few possible errors. I would recommend this book to almost anybody, especially young teens and up. Also, for those who are going through financial hardships. I really liked being able to connect to the author on a personal level. There is genuinely not anything critical I could say about this publication, considering I ended the book feeling inspired. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

AvocaDebo621
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”