Review by centfie -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
centfie
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: The Touch
Bookshelf Size: 471
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-centfie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Review by centfie -- The Biblical Clock

Post by centfie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In The Biblical Clock, Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon present compelling arguments to unite biblical timelines with scientific findings. The Earth is billions of years old according to scientific evidence. However, the normal calendar we use assumes that the Earth was made a little over 6000 years ago. Are these ideas as irreconcilable as they seem?

The book presents arguments about the age of our planet based on historical data. There is a new theory that could calculate the exact timing of biblical events. It is a formula for creation days. Friedmann explains it using Jewish cycles and Psalms 90:4, which states that God’s day is 1000 of our years. If you have never pondered over whether the six creation days in the Bible are exact days or figurative days, this book will make you do that. The book has examples of people in the past who strived to find out the exact timeline of creation. To them, that God created the Earth, was not a theory. It was a fact.

My rating of The Biblical Clock is 4 out of 4 stars. It was professionally edited, providing a smooth reading. It is brilliantly written, well-researched, and almost convincing. The authors back their ideas up with data and explanations of key terms that appear in the text. Furthermore, the images in the book show important people, places, and other relevant items making the book easy to follow and understand. I liked that the authors are aware of their limitations and do not impose their theory on the reader but state their arguments with conviction.

The Biblical Clock stretched my thinking from the basics to the deep knowledge of the timelines involved. Nonetheless, the book can do without the fictitious short story in Chapter 10 because it sheds doubt on the entire book. I only noticed a tiny error of capitalization which does not merit a loss of value whereby the letter B is capitalized in the name "Isaac Ben Samuel" instead of "Isaac ben Samuel" on pages 23 and 28 of the ebook.

I recommend The Biblical Clock to the skeptics of creationism and the Gregorian calendar. Also, it might be a good read for those who have been thrown off balance by seemingly undeniable scientific findings that contradict biblical timelines. It may also be useful to Christians, Jews, and others who believe in the biblical creation story whether of “young-earth creationism” or “old-earth creationism” school of thought. We need more books like this one to motivate critical thinking and analysis of controversial topics.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.” Stephen King
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

This sounds like an interesting book, and I also like your points of view about it. Thanks for an honest review!
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

This sounds like an interesting book, and I also like your points of view about it. Thanks for an honest review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”