Review by tannus -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tannus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tannus.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Review by tannus -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by tannus »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands is an autobiography by Jorge P. Newbery about his entrepreneurial life. With this book, Jorge shows how one can generate a positive difference in our life and also someone else’s, even while running a business. And he teaches how one can achieve success with hard work and financial planning.

Jorge started working as a paperboy at the young age of 7, then started his first business at the age of 11, then started a record company from his earnings as a busboy. He races bicycles alongside the best athletes in the world. He was a real-estate mogul who turned buildings in losses to profitable assets. He is the founder and CEO of American Homeowner Preservation, a socially responsible hedge fund. He has fought against inequality due to racial prejudice all his life and is a good businessman with true integrity in his heart. When a natural disaster knocked his business down, he got up and used his failure to pave a path to success. He compares the unpleasant situations in his life to “burn zones” of cycling competition. He points out that these zones can decide the difference between winners and losers. Read the book to find out more about these zones and you might learn how to withstand “burn zones” in your life to emerge as a winner.

What I appreciate about Jorge’s life are his values and his parents. He has succeeded in his businesses without corrupting his heart. He has responsibly earned profits while helping other people. Even during his failures, he never gave up or blamed someone else for it. He has shown me people generally treat us the way we treat them and the value of savings. His parents never made fun of Jorge’s business ideas just because of his age. They let him learn his life on his own and supported in every way they could.

Even though autobiographies tend to be boring, Jorge has handled the book to be interesting. The book is full of intriguing stories along with pictures of Jorge’s life. He is honest about his life, and that gives the whole book a positive aura. The writing is clear, and the book is professionally edited.

I will rate this book four out of four stars. I will recommend this book to everyone including young adults for a dose of motivation. This book provides the reality of life and has not been hyped in any manner. Similar to Jorge’s life, all our lives are filled with potential “burn zones” and he teaches his readers, how one can overcome it.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

AvocaDebo621
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”