Review by Yomna -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Yomna
Currently Reading: Head Over High Heels
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomna.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Yomna -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Yomna »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands recites the journey of Jorge P. Newbery, a now-successful entrepreneur and the author of this very book. He dropped out of school at the age of 16 to direct his focus on advancing his careers and earnings.

He started out by distributing newspapers, then shifted to selling ice-cream at the age of 11. Shortly after dropping out of school, he focused on producing music that shipped records nationwide. At the age of 17, he was a bike racer and participated in several championships. He was involved in the mortgage business in his early twenties, which proved successful and earned him well. His next career shift was to becoming a real estate investor, where he accepted various challenges, many of which problematical and avoided by numerous businessmen. Jorge P. Newbery’s breakpoint was when a large investment of his was destroyed due to natural causes. This downfall marked him for a very long time as the complications accompanied with it were too hard to bear.

Primarily, I found the book quite inspirational. Even though some people do not favor reading autobiographies, I believe the same people would enjoy this book. It does not even lie in the periphery of the boring category. Jorge P. Newbery shares his life story minus the personal specifications, which made the book turn out slightly as a Self-Help kind of book. Jorge’s journey included various life lessons that are only learnt via personal experience.

The scarcity of linguistic errors was also a massive plus, which indicated that the book was previously well-edited. The title of the book itself has an intriguing meaning that is mentioned in the book. What is also interesting about this book that you get to observe how speedy life has become since the beginning of the 21st century. I also caught on the fact that he narrates his life in a fairly slow tempo to engage the readers into feeling his success and failure. Jorge P. Newbery has painted himself as a well-mannered, competitive, hard worker. Although I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting him in person, his maintained, great reputation proves that his story was not a fable. He had gone through some tough times, but these were what made him a man of experience.

The narration of the story concludes that he never blamed the unfortunate circumstances when he failed. Instead, he starts off by searching for his mistakes and makes mental notes not to repeat them. That was an extremely important life lesson which I, personally, benefited from.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars . I provided this rating due to not only the evident professional editing, but also the monitored interference of the audience in his personal life. I found it respectful that he made sure not to add too much details of his life in order not to cause disinterest. On the other hand, I disagreed with some of the morals that were in this book. This book can be read by all audiences; however, it contains just an infrequent slight of profane language.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”