Review by GHOSTFRIEND -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
GHOSTFRIEND
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghostfriend.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by GHOSTFRIEND -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by GHOSTFRIEND »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn zones is an autobiography by Jorge P. Newbery. He was born in 1965 in Southern California. His father was Argentinian and his mother was British. This book tells us the rollercoaster ride of the writer life.

At a tender age of seven, the writer decides he wants to deliver newspapers in the neighbourhood every morning. It's very unusual for someone this young to actually want to earn money. Not only that, with the money that he saves by delivering newspapers, he buys an ice cream cart at the age of eleven. Isn't that amazing? This ice cream business was his first of many business ventures.

Sometime after quitting high-school, he becomes a bike racer. He couldn't make the most of the opportunity but this made an impact on his life. He reached great heights of success once he entered into the real estate business. Here, he reached the peak of his career. But eventually, he suffered a huge downfall leading to bankruptcy.

Will he able to rise again? Or will this be the end of his career?

This book is very inspiring. I could never imagine a seven-year-old kid wanting to earn money at that age. Even more surprising was his mentality to save and invest in an ice cream cart at such a tender age. This just shows that age is just a number. I was also impressed by the writer's positive attitude. His attitude allows him to survive in the harshest of conditions. He never hesitated to take risks and the one thing bad about him was his pride.

The thing that I liked the most about this book is that the writer prepares the readers for his downfall from an early stage of the story. The way the writer talks about what he learnt from other experienced and qualified individuals gives a hint that somehow we will see him utilising these lessons. This way we know what the writer is capable of handling and it doesn't look like the writer has portrayed himself as a hero who can overcome every obstacle. I'll rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

There was nothing that I could dislike in this book. It is flawless. I didn't find a single error in this book. I believe it has been professionally edited. This book gives out a very positive vibe and the readers are motivated to face every obstacle with determination and self-confidence. I really enjoyed reading this book a lot.

I'll suggest this book to fans of autobiographies. People who are struggling in their daily lives should definitely read this book. However, I'll suggest children to avoid reading this book because it contains a few racial judgements. Overall, this is a great book.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”