Official Review: Let’s Walk by Aaron Search

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Official Review: Let’s Walk by Aaron Search

Post by Cecilia_L »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Let’s Walk" by Aaron Search.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you discouraged by difficult circumstances? Do you long to have more joy and peace in your life? In Let’s Walk, Aaron Search offers biblical insight for Christians struggling with a specific sin, needing encouragement, or desiring to overcome doubts and fears. He suggests, "Instead of praying for God to change your circumstances, ask Him to change you in the midst of your circumstances--because the situation we're asking God to change is usually something He's using to change us." Search emphasizes the importance of prayer, fellowship, and studying the Bible. He provides scriptural examples as well as present-day stories to illustrate how to regain direction and navigate a fruitful daily walk with God.

This 148-page guide is organized, easy to understand, and professionally edited. Search addresses spiritual topics, such as prayer, repentance, works, transformational habits, and discipleship. He explains the biblical term "Fruit of the Holy Spirit," and he elaborates on joy, patience, self-control, love, peace, gentleness, kindness, goodness, and faithfulness. Search points out that gentleness and kindness aren't taught about as often as the other spiritual fruits and concludes, "Only a gentle and kind person can speak the truth in a way that others can receive it." He provides Bible verses that support his points and offers prayers that are relevant to the topics he covers.

I especially like Search's use of stories to illustrate his teachings. In addition to providing examples from the Bible, he shares stories from Billy Graham and Paul Harvey. By sharing interactions from his daily life, Search lends a more personal note to his teachings. For instance, he includes conversations with friends, his wife's experience as a prospective juror, and certain aspects of his HVAC career that he compares to spiritual principles. I also enjoyed his transitional segues when referring to different books of the Bible: "Let's walk with Brother James."

The only thing that I disliked was the book's introduction, which focused primarily on backsliding, avoiding temptation, and our "supernatural enemy." While I don't dispute any of these topics, the overall tone was intense and came across more negative than positive. After I read the introduction, I was somewhat apprehensive. Fortunately, it wasn't indicative of the book as a whole. While Search returned to some of these issues, his overall approach was less dogmatic.

Overall, I'm pleased to rate Let's Walk 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend the informative biblical guide to Christian readers. Search's teachings will appeal to believers in various stages of their spiritual journeys, and the book is ideal for both personal or group Bible study.

Let’s Walk
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

This sounds a book worth reading. Many Christians do struggle especially in silence. I am sure that the lessons in this book would help. Thanks for the review.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Magnify3 wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 03:08 This sounds a book worth reading. Many Christians do struggle especially in silence. I am sure that the lessons in this book would help. Thanks for the review.
Thanks for your comment.
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

A biblical insight for the struggling Christians. I'll have a look at it! Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Julius_ wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 06:20 A biblical insight for the struggling Christians. I'll have a look at it! Thanks for the review.
You're welcome. I appreciate your comment.
Amy747
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy747.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by Amy747 »

Although im not really religious, I like the idea of asking god to change you instead of your circumstances, because the circumstances are there to change you anyway.
BookPower9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 387

Post by BookPower9 »

I begin to like this book upon reading your review. And that's correct! Ask God not to change circumstances of your life. Instead ask God to change you so that you can handle circumstances in your life. Thank you. Hope i can read this book.
BookPower9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 387

Post by BookPower9 »

This is great to read! I'm happy i just added it to my book shelves. Thanks for the wonderful review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”