Review by Clh_73 -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Clh_73
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clh-73.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Review by Clh_73 -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Clh_73 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mindset" by Ace Bowers.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mindset by Ace Bowers is a non-fiction story about the writers journey from rags to riches within a few years. He explains in this memoir how he did this as the events in his life and in his family prompted him to re-evaluate his life, relationships, and his thought process. In the book he explains his troubled childhood, thoughts, views, and his choices as he was growing from a child into an adult.

This memoir is about how Ace went from working as a Janitor making $6.00 per hour to becoming a millionaire by changing his mindset from that of a victim to that of an overcomer as well as working extremely hard. Against the odds, and with some help from some very special people in his life, he was able to make the changes needed to break the cycles in his life. These cycles were the behaviors in his childhood home as well as the poverty level that he grew up in.

When I chose this book to read I was not certain of how much I would like it. I felt like it would be dry and more like a how-to book. Right from the beginning I was intrigued with the story that Ace was telling. I could relate well to the parts he told of his childhood living conditions as well as with the poverty level and the mental issues in the household.

The part that I liked the most about this book was how Ace opened up, becoming vulnerable, to tell his story so that it may help other people. This book is insightful and definitely gives the reader some food for thought, especially if they are in a similar situation. The part I disliked the most about this book was some of the repetition. Some parts of the memoir were spoken about a few times with some of the same information given in a slightly different way.

In my opinion, The Mindset by Ace Bowers, would be great for just about anyone to read. I feel like people who are barely scraping by financially could benefit from this story the most. There is a possibility that they could apply it to their own lives to improve their situations. There are a few comments made about his religious beliefs, so that may be an issue for those who are not religious.

I rate The Mindset by Ace Bowers a 3 out of 4 stars. This book was very well edited and the only grammar errors I found were in the email in chapter 7 on page 66. This email was sent to him from his friend. There is missed punctuation in the email. There are only 4 swear words in this book and there are no sexual scenes.

The Mindset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”