Review by Ralibeau -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ralibeau
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ralibeau.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery
fav_author_id: 3251

Review by Ralibeau -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Ralibeau »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones written by Jorge P. Newbery tells the life story of a courageous, driven, young man who successfully navigated the entrepreneurial ladder. Jorge believed that through applying extraordinary determination, focus, and great work ethic then he could succeed at anything. A series of bad decisions and a natural disaster resulted in him losing it all and ending up with a $26 million debt. Jorge decided against declaring bankruptcy and opt instead to find a way to pay off his debts. These sets of misfortunes help Jorge to develop the expertise necessary to rebuild his life. He later made a career out of teaching others how to get themselves out of debt and regain financial stability.
Burn Zones teaches persistence, endurance, motivation, and perseverance. This should be a must-read for all aspiring entrepreneurs as well as already successful entrepreneurs. As a young entrepreneur myself, I found the book not only informative but also as a source of motivation. It is a testament to the fact that you can accomplish anything you desire as long as you are willing to put in the hard work, determine and committed.
Jorge’s experiences teach us that life is not all smooth sailings. There will be challenges to face and overcome. We further learn that those challenges will either make us stronger or break us. This autobiography should serve as a life lesson to not just entrepreneurs and risk-takers but to all readers.
Unlike many autobiographies, it was easy to read. It was written in a context that is easy to understand and potentially unfamiliar terms were explained by the author. Readers are able to identify with the situations in which Jorge often found himself. I often found myself experiencing varying emotions as he vividly described various situations. My one regret about this book is that it did not go into detail about what motivates Jorge. What are his reasons behind some business decisions? How does he justify taking certain risks? The book dealt mainly with the challenges that he faced and how he overcame those challenges. It does not go into detail about the decisions that lead up to those challenges.
My favorite part of the book was the author’s refusal to give up on Woodland Meadows without a fight. It not only showed his commitment to realizing his dreams but also his commitment to the residents of Woodland Meadows.
I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was well edited with a fully developed and organized plot. I would recommend reading this book. I was provided with a free copy for an honest review.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”