Review by OfficialEmma -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
OfficialEmma
Currently Reading: The Shattered Vase
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-officialemma.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Review by OfficialEmma -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by OfficialEmma »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Empowered" by Dominica Lumazar.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Empowered: The Business Owner’s Guide to Leadership & Success by Dominica Lumazar is a power-packed book I would recommend to every business owner and aspiring business person. The author divided the book into three parts: Leading for Success, Business Value, and Business Clarity. With action steps and thought-provoking questions at the end of each chapter, readers will be able to comprehend and practicalize the core lessons in each chapter. The book also contains a link to a bonus chapter. I think Dominica has so much to teach that she couldn’t write down everything in this book. After reading this book you will be empowered to run your business effectively. I expect more business leadership books from Dominica.

Dominica had difficulty learning in school. Nobody believed she would ever rise in life, not even her teachers and counselors. At the age of 18, Dominica had a critical accident that affected her brain. As a result, she lost her memory and started learning all over.

Being eager to succeed, Dominica joined her sister, Franchesca, in her Love Bird Chocolate business. After some time, Franchesca handed the business over to Dominica, setting her on the way to becoming an entrepreneur. I’d advise readers to pay close attention to details as Dominica’s core success keys are in-between lines.

What I like most is how Dominica rose above all difficulties to become a successful businesswoman. Dominica is a true definition of determination. How did a young girl with a learning difficulty and with no support from anybody rise to become the owner of a business enterprise? What motivated her towards such a big vision?

What I disliked most was the errors I noticed. I expected this book to be professionally edited. Aside from the errors, there are no negatives. This is a great read. Dominica was very realistic in her writing, and most of the things she said were relatable. If you are aspiring to own a business, this is a perfect guide for you.

“The ultimate goal of leadership role is empowering others,” Dominica opines. In this book, Dominica explained five simple, reasonable and applicable leadership foundations that will help leaders focus on empowering others. In my opinion, leadership style should be based on contingency, not one permanent style. Different settings and situations would require a different leadership approach. As such, a good leader should be flexible and ready to adapt swiftly.

The author’s writing style was descriptive and expository, strongly motivating one to take immediate action. The book’s pace was slow but well-developed as the author took time to explain concepts for easy comprehension and application. Each chapter was very engaging. The book was not proofread carefully as I found several errors such as comma splices, missing spaces, missing apostrophes, missing commas, missing prepositions, etc. I wish I could give this book a 4 star. Unfortunately, I’d have to rate it 3 out of 4 stars because of the errors. However, the errors do not diminish the potential power of the book.

This book holds powerful knowledge that could positively transform any business or individual. I strongly recommend this book to individuals, business owners, employees, active leaders, and aspiring business owners. Get a copy and get empowered.

Empowered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, do things worth writing about or write things worth reading about.
Lunastella
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Mastermind
Bookshelf Size: 2242
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunastella.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
fav_author_id: 5604
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 49%

Post by Lunastella »

“The ultimate goal of leadership role is empowering others,” Dominica opines. In this book, Dominica explained five simple, reasonable and applicable leadership foundations that will help leaders focus on empowering others. In my opinion, leadership style should be based on contingency, not one permanent style. Different settings and situations would require a different leadership approach. As such, a good leader should be flexible and ready to adapt swiftly.
This is a very important lesson, not only for leadership but in general. Learning to adapt and focus on others is a great tool for success.
I'm not especially interested in business or leadership but this seems like an inspiring book. Thank you!
OfficialEmma

Post by OfficialEmma »

Lunastella wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 19:54
This is a very important lesson, not only for leadership but in general. Learning to adapt and focus on others is a great tool for success.
I'm not especially interested in business or leadership but this seems like an inspiring book. Thank you!
You'd gain powerful knowledge from this book, even though you are not into business. You might consider reading it some other time. Thanks for stopping by. 😊
If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, do things worth writing about or write things worth reading about.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

I reviewed this book. It is one of the best business guide book I have read in a long time. Good job from Dominica Lumazar. Great review too.
OfficialEmma

Post by OfficialEmma »

Beatus wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 05:19 I reviewed this book. It is one of the best business guide book I have read in a long time. Good job from Dominica Lumazar. Great review too.
Indeed, it's one of the best business guide books. Thanks for your comment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”