Official Review: The Dating Game: How to Lose a Potential...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kperm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kperm.html
Latest Review: The Dating Game: How to Lose a Potential Mate after the 1st Date by Michelle Phillips

Official Review: The Dating Game: How to Lose a Potential...

Post by kperm »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Dating Game: How to Lose a Potential Mate after the 1st Date" by Michelle Phillips.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever been on a bad date? Did you struggle to find a partner? Do you know how exhausting the dating game can be? If the answer is yes, this book might interest you. The Dating Game: How to Lose a Potential Mate after the 1st Date tells the story of Michelle Phillips, the author, and the struggles she faced in order to find a relationship. The book will take you on an emotional rollercoaster where you will feel happy, sad, excited, and frustrated.

Michelle Phillips is an amazing writer and poet. She made her purpose to uplift and educate people through her writings. The Dating Game: How to Lose a Potential Mate after the 1st Date is not an exception. In her book, the author describes various dates and men that she has been on dates with. The readers get to experience the dates with the Black Stallion, Altar Boy, Military man, Dark chocolate, and many other men from the first-person point of view.

What I liked the most about the book is its honesty about the difficulty of dating. Many, if not all, women face countless challenges that come with dating, such as being cheated on, stood up, ghosted, or having encounters with very strange men. Michelle Phillips faced all of these challenges and described everything in a funny and uplifting manner. I like that The Dating Game: How to Lose a Potential Mate after the 1st Date is very relatable, and many readers will notice similarities between their experiences and the experience of the author.

Even though the book was funny, relatable, and honest, there were some aspects of the book that I didn't like. There wasn't any connection between the chapters. The author jumped back and forth between the dates and didn't mention anything that happened in between. While it may not disturb some readers, it was distracting me from the story. Another thing that I did not like about this book is that it was not professionally edited. I noticed many punctuational and grammatical errors, as well as typos and incorrect phrases. For example, the phrase "lo and behold" was written as "low and behold."

Overall, I rate The Dating Game: How to Lose a Potential Mate after the 1st Date 3 out of 4 stars.The reason that I gave this book a high score is that it is funny and relatable to many readers. I think that the readers will be able to find some situations from their experience in the book. However, I did not give this book four stars because, as I mentioned earlier, it is not well-edited and lacks a connection between the chapters. I recommend this book to anyone who faced the difficulties of dating. I believe that many women will enjoy reading it. I think this book is best suited for readers who are 30 or older. It is also important to note that the book contains many profanities. If they might bother you, I suggest that you do not read this book.

The Dating Game: How to Lose a Potential Mate after the 1st Date
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Magnify3 »

I think that this book would be helpful to many singles especially ladies. I wouldn't mind reading it myself. Thanks for the review!

AvidBibliophile
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: Diamonds and Scoundrels by Adrienne Rubin

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Dating is definitely a tricky minefield, full of twists, turns and (often unpleasant) surprises. Everyone’s experience is unique, although so many similarities usually exist between our separate experiences as single women. Thanks for the review!

Amy747
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by Amy747 »

Reading about the difficulties of dating is very relatable for most women, I would think.I love the way she named each of her suitors.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”