Review by ccundall2130 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ccundall2130
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 83
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Currently Reading: Atonement to a Greater God
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccundall2130.html
Latest Review: Should I" Go Walkabout" in Australia by John Timms
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 3258

Review by ccundall2130 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by ccundall2130 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jorge P. Newbery is a phenomenal writer. He has authored several books, including his memoir Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands . In his memoir, Jorge tells of his life as a very successful entrepreneur. Starting at the age of seven, Jorge would obtain his own paper route. By the time he was a teenager with his own record company, he’d already had his own ice-cream trike and had been a busboy.

Jorge was a high school dropout but always relied on his life’s lessons to succeed at the next venture. When he was racing bicycles, he considered these intense moments of struggle his burn zones. These were times when he was not the only one to struggle but would be the one to overcome and come out ahead of the pack. Jorge became a loan originator which introduced him to one of his great accomplishments of being a real-estate mogul. However, real estate would put him into $26 million dollars in debt. Getting out of that debt would be the greatest burn zone he’d ever face and overcome. Now, he successfully runs a company dedicated to helping others get out of their own debt.

This book is an easy read and candid. Jorge has a good sense of humor and remains positive throughout most of his tribulations. All the more when he found himself down or feeling a failure, he recognized what would be his defining characteristic. Jorge stated, “as is common in life, I learned a lot more from my losses than my success, but I enjoyed my time on the podium far more than my time in the middle of the pack.” A person would have to be optimistic to overcome and accomplish what he has. Jorge is very driven and very generous.
Most of Jorge’s ventures have been in the pursuit of helping others. His humanity is what I liked the best about this memoir. He did not give up on people he cared about and believed in when things got challenging. Even when he did not receive any help from others. There wasn’t anything about this book that I disliked.

The words of inspiration written by Jorge are humble and intriguing. Even with all his successes, he remembers where he came from and appreciates his experiences. This book is brilliantly written and professionally edited. I only recognized one error where a word was missing. It is such an exceptional book and written so many from all walks of life could understand and take away the values discovered in the pages. I rate this book 4 out of 4 because of these fine points.

There isn’t a single person that couldn’t relate to this book in some way. It would appeal to any person that has struggled with their own mountains to climb. It would especially appeal to a person finding themselves in a struggle they don’t feel they can overcome. Jorge proved repeatedly there isn’t a burn zone he couldn’t overcome. He subsequently shared his experiences so others could learn from his accomplishments and trials.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Crystal Cundall

Asking if I like reading is like asking if I like breathing.

AvocaDebo621
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

[Danielle]
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle.html
Latest Review: The Global Reconstruction Project by S. Cotton

Post by [Danielle] »

I have been debating on reading this book ever since it popped up as a book to review. However, I am not normally a non-fiction fan when reading for pleasure. It sounds like there are elements that are more story-driven, however, so maybe I'll give it a shot.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”