Review by TerrifiedTaylor -- It's All Good: Times and Ev...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TerrifiedTaylor
Currently Reading: Corrigendum
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terrifiedtaylor.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Review by TerrifiedTaylor -- It's All Good: Times and Ev...

Post by TerrifiedTaylor »

[Following is a volunteer review of "It's All Good: Times and Events I'd Never Want to Change" by Charles Sacchetti.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This novel, "It's All Good: Times And Events I'd Never Change" talks about the events that actually happened and obviously times and events he would never want to change. In this novel, you meet a baseball fan named Charles Sacchetti, who grew up in not really a family who was poor or wealthy. As Charles put it, they seemed to have gotten by. His family was Italian and lived in Philly, PA.

You learn that the author is a big baseball fan and joined the little league's baseball team, but also went to a baseball game growing up. As the author gets older, he enlists in the military but you don't really hear much about his time. Maybe it was a personal choice, but either way who would want to talk about what they've seen in the military? And for some of the romance fanatics, you get to hear a little bit about his wife, Luann, who seems to be such a sweet and loving woman.

He talks about all the good moments that he's had with his family members while growing up and some with either friends, family members, family friends, and even coworkers. Charles goes back to his childhood and talks about some events that take place at one of his relative's house after Sunday Mass. How the adult men would sit around a table while either lunch or dinner was being made and playing card games and having a good old time, picking on one another to have fun.

There is something that drew me to like this book so much and that's because it's almost as if Charles wanted you to know or meet the people that took place in this book. He goes as far as including pictures of his family members with a caption of their names going from "left to right".

I'm rating this well-written story a 4 out of 4 stars because of the homely vibes I get from reading it. Some experiences that take place in this book is something that I can relate to as well as maybe some other readers who decide to take the leap and read this book. The one thing that kind of turned me off from this was how jumpy the chapters were. For example, one minute you're a kid and then the next you're an adult but it's not really a big deal-breaker for me.

There's no restriction on who would read this, but I do recommend it to people who would like to read about how an author grew up and what makes him the man he is today. The one thing that I can say that I've learned about is not to give up on something. You keep trying until you succeed.

It's All Good: Times and Events I'd Never Want to Change
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”