Review by kaitlynrobbins -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kaitlynrobbins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlynrobbins.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by kaitlynrobbins -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by kaitlynrobbins »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book was amazing! By far one of my favorites I have ever read. Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery was so inspiring. He talks all about how he succeeded through most of his life just by being positive and believing in himself and learning from his mistakes just to "fail" later on in life. He then talks about how he overcame his failure and used that experience to help more people. This book is filled with great life lessons.

I give this book a solid 4 out of 4! There were only a couple typos or grammar errors that I found. It still seemed professionally edited. It was excellent! I loved the format of the book along with the pictures. I felt like I was really getting to know Jorge P. Newbery. He is an excellent writer and seems to excel in everything that he does. I have nothing negative to say about this book.

What I liked most about the book was how he would talk about all of his accomplishments that he had throughout his life, but would hint that something awful was about to happen to him. It really built to the anticipation of the story and I was rooting for him the entire time. What I liked least about the book is that it ended.

This book would be good for everyone. It has great life lessons that could appeal to anyone. There are a few curse words to be taken into account and some slightly brutal scenes, but nothing terrible. I would say definitely okay for 13 years of age and up, as long as you are okay with your children reading some profane language. It is not a common occurrence throughout the book.

This book had me expressing a lot of emotions. I felt happy, sad, angry. It was a powerful book to me. It made me feel like I wanted to get up and go do something more with my life and no one could stand in my way! He takes all of the life lessons that he has learned so far and put them into this book. It is a book about his life, but it could also be considered a motivational tool.

Newbery's endeavors show the audience that truly anything is possible, no matter what your age, race or gender you can do whatever you want to do. If you put your mind to something and say you are going to accomplish something, you can do it!

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”