Official Review: When Is The Right Time To Sell My Busine...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
raikyuu
2017 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 116
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3079">The Republic</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raikyuu.html
Latest Review: Variations on the theme 'Galina Ustvolskaya - the last composer of the passing era' by Semyon Bokman

Official Review: When Is The Right Time To Sell My Busine...

Post by raikyuu » 13 Jan 2020, 01:23

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "When Is The Right Time To Sell My Business?: The Expert Answer from Richard Mowrey" by Richard Mowrey.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When Is The Right Time To Sell My Business?: The Expert Answer from Richard Mowrey is a non-fiction book that provides an overview of the general steps needed in selling an existing business. The book focuses on preparing for the transaction and assessing the value of the business. Based on his experiences of facilitating sales of numerous businesses over the last three decades, Richard Mowrey imparts his advice on selling a business without any shred of regret.

The book starts with the factors that influence the right time to sell a business. These include the value of the business itself, the willingness of the business owner, and the performance of the market. Different tools and analysis on assessing and enhancing the value of the business are discussed. After this, the book talks about how the business owner should prepare after selling the business, both financially and emotionally. Lastly, details on the performance of the economy in terms of industry trends, interest rates, taxes, and availability of buyer capital are examined.

Interestingly, this book about business can be easy and engaging to read. The author’s points are explained concisely. This is refreshing for me because most of the business books I’ve read are rather lengthy, yet they don’t offer much content. I like how the book makes use of catchy taglines which can easily summarize the author’s points. The taglines (such as “When the market is ready!”) are comprehensively explained, giving the book solid content. It also helps that the author provides helpful references for the reader.

My only problem with the book is that it contains multiple errors. Examples include “Business cycles are found in most every industry...” and “...an economic system with a lot complexity.” The former should have used “most industries” while the latter is missing the preposition “of.” Based on the number of errors I’ve found, I can say that the book is not professionally edited.

Overall, When Is The Right Time To Sell My Business?: The Expert Answer from Richard Mowrey is a fascinating guide that can help you sell your business if you wish to do so without regrets. The book would have gotten a perfect rating if it weren't for the multiple errors. Because of this, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. While I can recommend this book to the book’s intended readers, I can especially recommend this book to business owners who don’t have any experience in selling a business.

When Is The Right Time To Sell My Business?: The Expert Answer from Richard Mowrey
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
-rk

Rayasaurus
Currently Reading: Managing With Respect
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayasaurus.html
Latest Review: Advancing the Common Good by Philip Kotler

Post by Rayasaurus » 13 Jan 2020, 20:24

I'm glad that this book is easy to read even though it's a book about business. It's unfortunate that there were errors; perhaps that could be fixed with a little more editing. Thank you for the review!

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 125
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: River Kids
Bookshelf Size: 320
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by kdstrack » 16 Jan 2020, 15:57

I enjoyed your thorough analysis of this book. It looks like an excellent resource for business owners. Thanks for reviewing this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”