Review by Tirtharaj -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tirtharaj
Favorite Book: Man Mission
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tirtharaj.html
Latest Review: Mock My Words by Chandra Shekhar

Review by Tirtharaj -- The Biblical Clock

Post by Tirtharaj »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you eager to know about the Days of Creation of the Universe, scientific proceedings on the origins of the same and witness them reconcile? The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon will quench your inquisitive thirst. It starts by portraying the scientist Isaac Ben Samuel's works on the subject of Creation, who was preoccupied with deciphering its mysteries. We are shown how early authoritative texts flew through history and aided in the research of modern scientists. Lives and eminent works, pertaining to the context, of a handful of great scientists namely Nachmanides, Kaplan, Rabbi Isaac Luria, Rabbi Yitzchak Ginsburgh, Isaac Newton are presented in a storyteller feel.

A constant sense of wonder is what I experienced throughout the book. Countless mysteries were unfolding in front of my mind's eye through scientific decryption by the author. He cited several personalities who were crucial in the chain of this reconciliation effort. I was met with a sense of awe when I saw Sir Daniel's calculations, who took into account the Biblical fact, produce accurately what was suggested by the early modern mystics of Israel and scientific conclusions of recent past. The structural organisation of events and calculations pertaining to them are really the core of this book. the The story gathers momentum of curiosity as it progresses. The best among the best of this book was the look into the personal life of Sir Isaac Newton. Yes, you read it right. Readers will get to sink beneath the tough shell of Sir Newton as the author showcases his conversations with his relative Katherine. They will also get to know about an unknown side of Sir Isaac Newton. He researched on scriptural texts. Plenty of materials from authentic sources are given in the book.

I loved the book for its clarity of presentation and explanation of events, which otherwise would have remained obscure to us. It would be my silliness though, to point out that the quick links in the chapters do not route to the intended places of the book in the mobi version that I received, as the author's work is stellar and demolishes any shortcomings in the book. The subject matter of the book is so easily graspable, thanks to the calibre and competence of the author, that it always felt like anyone can understand it.

Sir Daniel Friedmann is a believer in the scientific method and the Bible. He has created the book with the ease of textual comprehension and convenience of the readers in mind. The author's thesis is that scientific texts and the scriptures complement each other in describing the development of the Universe and it is clearly evident from his manuscript. The whole point of the text is to reconcile the Divine Plan with reality and how pleasantly he offers us the scientific reconciliation process. The calculations referred to above, are very simply explained. Words are falling short to express the author's elegance portrayed in this manuscript. The reading guide prior to the beginning of the text is detailed and convenient.

The essence of this book is clarity. The book is impressively edited. It does not discriminate it's readers. Everyone is welcome to read it. The author himself makes it clear by inviting readers to read the book regardless of their religious background. I gladly rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I'm sure readers will be delighted by The Biblical Clock.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“Act as if your dreams have come true. Then challenge your reality to catch up with it” - Dan Lok
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

I have not read this book, but it sounds quite interesting to see the author's views on the Bible. You wrote a detailed review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”