Review by tanner87cbs -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tanner87cbs
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 225
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanner87cbs.html
Latest Review: Station Alpha by Nicole Adrianne

Review by tanner87cbs -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by tanner87cbs »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Empowered" by Dominica Lumazar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Empowered by Dominica Lumazar is an excellent quick reference guide to small business owners and members of leadership. Dominica shares her strategies in business, as well as citing concepts from other professional sources. The subject matter does a beautiful back and forth of focus on leadership skills and entrepreneur tips. Also, there is an excellent structure for the content of the book. That being said, this is a prime target for a business or leadership team to review together.

Dominica starts the book with a short but detailed background of herself. Then she shares her segue into a small business owner and marketing consultant. Along the way, there are many valuable resources from her arsenal from experience and that of others. The book is a quick read at 144 pages but is full of useful content. There are many great recommendations of services and platforms to help people succeed in business. Dominica is a fan of working smarter now harder, as am I!

What I enjoyed about this book was the layout. It has a crisp flow to it. Each chapter started with a quote related to the content of the section. The material of the chapter follows this citation. Then finishes with a checklist, pointers, and questions for review. A very clean format that would be great for a leadership team to review together. I would recommend this book to all audiences, but especially to those interested in starting a business as well as leadership team members.

There was not much I did not like about the book. The only critique that I would offer would be to include the bonus material in an appendix of the book. I felt a little duped with the tactics of the book, to have to put in an email address to get the content. However, at the same time, I have to applaud the effort. I did register to get the material, so it appears the ploy worked on me. Still, I respect the tactic and will most likely use it if I ever start a business.

In conclusion, I enjoyed this book. I give it a 4 out of 4 stars rating. At the end of the book, the author thanks a friend for helping with editing the book. It shows. I did not cite any spelling or grammatical errors. This book is appropriate for all audiences. There is no vulgar content and only one use of mild profanity. Again, leadership teams and entrepreneurs would benefit from and enjoy this book.

Empowered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”