Official Review: Selling with Presence by Reggie Pearse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 135
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 110
2017 Reading Goal: 6
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 183
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: THREADS A Depression Era Tale by Charlotte Whitney
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Official Review: Selling with Presence by Reggie Pearse

Post by CommMayo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Selling with Presence" by Reggie Pearse.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Selling with Presence, written and narrated by Reggie Pearse, uses a creative approach to help listeners hone their ability to be successful in a sales-driven environment. While the main focus of the audiobook is to help sales professionals, the conversational tone and focus on self-awareness ensures that anyone who has to sell ideas to peers or supervisors will walk away with a richer understanding of fostering positive person to person interactions.

Via interesting stories and anecdotes, Pearse quickly drives home the key tenets of having great personal presence when it comes to managing the interactions that surround a selling environment. He discusses the importance of being self-aware and understanding how to read people in order to tailor selling strategies to the individual potential buyer. He stresses how vital it is to see a client as a person, not as the sales goal or commission they might represent to you. While you may be selling a product, presenting your own personal brand to your client is vital to building a trust relationship.

I enjoyed listening to the interesting approach the author has to sales and personal branding. Many of the techniques he talks about are not only relevant for sales interactions; his key points are applicable to many situations that people in educational or work settings may find themselves in. He discusses the impact of being comfortable with yourself and how that can be a major factor in your ability to engage and build trust with clients. I appreciated how he brings in seemingly unrelated concepts like meditation and deep breathing exercises and ties them into building a successful selling strategy. His ability to think outside of the box and view his craft with a holistic lens makes this audiobook stand out.

While the author’s slight Irish lilt was pleasant as he narrated his work, there were more than a few instances where the audiobook felt as if it wasn’t professionally produced. The introduction section has so many skips and repeated lines that it seems like an unedited draft. Luckily, the remainder of the work was generally free of these quality issues.

Selling with Presence is a short, useful book that helps listeners rethink how they build and maintain relationships with others. You don’t need to have a heavy interest in sales to get a lot out of this work. Anyone who gets things done through relationship building or teamwork will find more than a few useful takeaways. The audiobook format makes this excellent for commuters who are looking to enrich themselves while on the road. There is a companion website that has additional resources and worksheets and is worth a visit. Due to the production quality, I can only rate this audiobook 3 out of 4 stars; however, fixing the issues in the introduction would easily push this book to a perfect rating.

Selling with Presence
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Kanda_theGreat
2019 Reading Goal: 10
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Eggstravagant Easter Eggs by Maya Elston

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I'm fascinated by the approach used by the author as a sales strategy. Building interpersonal relationship with clients that is not pegged on the commodity alone is a wise way to approach clients.
Thank you for the informative review.
Bet on me!✊

Marsnikk
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsnikk.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Marsnikk »

I am always looking for a great listen while in the car. I am in sales, always looking to learn! Personal relationships are the only way to sell so this sounds right up my alley!n Thank you for the in depth review.

Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 324
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov

Post by Cecilia_L »

I think the Irish accent would make an audiobook more interesting. I'm glad to know that it has appeal for those that aren't involved in selling. Thanks for the recommendation.

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 125
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: Looking for Normal by Karen Harmon

Post by kdstrack »

Audiobooks are handy for travel! I like the idea of a website to accompany the audio and reinforce points you may want to investigate. I agree that selling techniques can be useful in many other areas of life. Thanks for your insights!

rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Father Divine's Bikes by Steve Bassett

Post by rumik »

Not sure if I'm the right audience for this one, but I'll check it out since you say people that aren't involved in sales can also get a lot out of it. I don't usually listen to audiobooks, but I guess Irish accents can be really pleasing to hear. Thanks for the great review!

SomeoneInTheWorld
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-someoneintheworld.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by SomeoneInTheWorld »

Sounds like a very helpful book for the right audience. Thank you very much for the great review!

Rayasaurus
Currently Reading: Managing With Respect
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayasaurus.html
Latest Review: Walks of Life by Doug Wheat

Post by Rayasaurus »

I’m not in a sales environment, but I think it’s very important for everyone to know how to sell an idea. Thanks for the great review!

esp1975
Favorite Book: Among Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by esp1975 »

On some level, I could probably really use this book, as I am a terrible salesperson/fundraiser, even for things I really care about, and fundraising is at least tangentially part of my job. However, I think a non-professionally edited audiobook might bother me even more than a poorly edited book.

Juliet+1
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: Ulverton
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: A Prince of a King by Gene Abravaya

Post by Juliet+1 »

What an interesting book! And I think the audiobook format is ideal for the subject matter. One can simply keep listening over and over until the ideas sink in. :D

Julius_
Bookshelves Moderator
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Eggstravagant Easter Eggs by Maya Elston
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

A book that encourages individuals to be successful in sales department sounds good. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”