Official Review: The Gratitude Effect

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: Official Review: The Gratitude Effect

Post by Manang Muyang »

Expressing gratitude is definitely the right attitude. We should all learn to say thanks.

There is this story that tells of two rooms in heaven. One room is gargantuan and millions of angels work there. Another room is tiny and is used only when the angel who works part-time comes in. The first room is for receiving petitions; the latter is for receiving thank-you messages.
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Miriam Molina wrote: 05 Jan 2020, 20:11 Expressing gratitude is definitely the right attitude. We should all learn to say thanks.

There is this story that tells of two rooms in heaven. One room is gargantuan and millions of angels work there. Another room is tiny and is used only when the angel who works part-time comes in. The first room is for receiving petitions; the latter is for receiving thank-you messages.
Well, we can certainly work at giving that angel work full time!! Thanks for stopping by.
Adina Lutinger
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adina-lutinger.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Adina Lutinger »

Seems like a very helpful book that helps you live more happy and satisfying life. Thanks for the wonderful review!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

SomeoneInTheWorld wrote: 07 Jan 2020, 05:47 Seems like a very helpful book that helps you live more happy and satisfying life. Thanks for the wonderful review!
The author has written a very motivational book. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for commenting.
Rayasaurus
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayasaurus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Rayasaurus »

I love the idea of the 66 day challenge! Gratitude is something that is often difficult for people to express, but it can be one of the most important interactions you'll have with a person. Thank you for the review!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Rayasaurus wrote: 07 Jan 2020, 14:37 I love the idea of the 66 day challenge! Gratitude is something that is often difficult for people to express, but it can be one of the most important interactions you'll have with a person. Thank you for the review!
This is a unique approach and asks the reader to make a long-term commitment. It helps you stay focused until it just becomes natural. Thanks for your thoughtful comments!
gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

The 66-day gratitude challenge definitely seems like a good one to pick up if one needs it! Although 66 does seem like an odd number, the author seems to have his reasons for doing so (as you mentioned)? Thanks for the lovely review!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

gen_g wrote: 09 Jan 2020, 19:08 The 66-day gratitude challenge definitely seems like a good one to pick up if one needs it! Although 66 does seem like an odd number, the author seems to have his reasons for doing so (as you mentioned)? Thanks for the lovely review!
I thought the 66 number was intriguing. The author does give a convincing and thorough explanation for this number. Thanks for stopping by!
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I sure would like to learn more about gratitude and its attendant effects of positivity. Thanks for the thorough review
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Wyland wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 01:10 I sure would like to learn more about gratitude and its attendant effects of positivity. Thanks for the thorough review
This book is a good place to learn more about gratitude. The author explains his points clearly, and it's not too long of a book. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by!
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

The lists or resources at the end of the book would make it even more enjoyable. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Julius_ wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 15:04 The lists or resources at the end of the book would make it even more enjoyable. Thanks for the review.
I hope you will have a chance to read the book. It will be worth your time! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate it. :)
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

I'm glad such a book has been written about gratitude, since having a gratitude habit is often portrayed as the key to living a fulfilling and happy life. Thank you for your beautifully written review!
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

espo wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 15:35 I'm glad such a book has been written about gratitude, since having a gratitude habit is often portrayed as the key to living a fulfilling and happy life. Thank you for your beautifully written review!
This is a wonderful book full of helpful and practical suggestions to fill your life with gratitude. I'm glad you enjoyed the review and hope you will have an opportunity to read the whole book. Thanks for your kind comments! :-)
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

I'm an advocate of a ''gratitude attitude''. I believe that the more grateful one is, the more positive, hopeful, and optimistic he/she will be. Grateful people have no sense of entitlement; they expect nothing from anyone and are grateful for all things. Grateful for your review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”