Official Review: Just Finish! by Sean Kachmarski

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Just Finish! by Sean Kachmarski

Official Review: Just Finish! by Sean Kachmarski

Post by Ruba Abu Ali » 17 Dec 2019, 06:36

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Just Finish!" by Sean Kachmarski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Good books entertain and keep the reader engaged. Great books, however, instigate contemplation, inspiration, and motivation to get a grip and make some drastic yet necessary changes.

Just Finish! By Sean Kachmarski fits the description of a “great” book. In this true story, the author chronicles his running journey and what motivated him to take up running. It all started after a health scare, which got him to conjure up the willpower to make the change that would literally save his life. He also states what he endured to get there.

In a smooth, honest, and humorous writing style, the author, a Canadian living in the UK, takes the reader onto a detailed, realistic, and enjoyable journey.

I found his raw vocal honesty refreshing, “Now, if I am completely honest, I don’t even like the physical act of running, but it’s the feeling I get after a solid run that keeps me lacing up those shoes. The feeling is hard to explain, but it’s commonly known as a runner’s high.”

I caught myself giggling on more than a few instances. Take a look, “We haven’t even reached the turnaround point for this 10K, it’s going to be hours. I am in absolute pain. I whined like a 12-year old, being told he needed to come off Fortnite in the middle of a Battle Royale.”

Moreover, I liked the realistic appeal and the authenticity in laying out all the difficulties, the mundane struggles, and the setbacks the author had faced day in and day out. Also admirable is the two-way impact of his impressive journey, where he was inspired by many people just as much as he was able to inspire his wife, kids, and many others. I was particularly touched by one of the volunteers’ accompaniment and encouragement to Kachmarski in one of the marathons.

There is so little to dislike about Just Finish! The great thing about this book is it cites running as an example, but what it actually does is it opens countless possibilities where a person can do the unthinkable, whatever that may be. Furthermore, it’s a therapeutic dose on how to remain focused and surpass one’s expectations. That’s why I have no hesitation in recommending it on the widest scale, as I believe it would appeal to a vast spectrum of readers. People who think they have insurmountable obstacles that they cannot navigate, or those simply looking for a powerful read will certainly enjoy this one.

I fell under the impression that the book is professionally-edited, for I came across a handful of minor and easily correctable spelling errors throughout the whole book. I, therefore, am pleased to rate Just Finish! By Sean Kachmarski 4 out of 4 stars.

On a final note, these words by Kachmarski stuck with me, "Don’t think you can; know you can."

Just Finish!
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”