Review by Sglasnapp14 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sglasnapp14
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sglasnapp14.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Sglasnapp14 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Sglasnapp14 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Burn Zones Playing Life’s Bad Hands, is a great autobiography by Jorge Newbery. This autobiography was an easy and fast read. I am personally not usually a fan of autobiographies, but I really enjoyed this read. The story line kept me interested. I was never bored with Jorge’s story line. I was always ready to pick the book back up and learn what would happen in Jorge’s life next.

In The Burn Zones Playing Life’s Bad Hands, Jorge Newbery sets his sights on becoming an entrepreneur at a young age. He starts working at age seven and starts his own business by age 11. Many people tended to doubt Jorge’s skills because of his age. This never deterred Jorge’s dreams of success, he always continued to be professional and prove he was worth the risk. When Jorge set his sights on something, he would do everything in his power to follow through.

Around middle age Jorge’s life and success took a turn for the worse, due to a natural disaster and a city who wasn’t willing to help. Jorge ends up losing everything he’s worked so hard to accomplish. Throughout all the hardship Jorge encounters, he always seems to find a way to prevail.

I really enjoyed reading this autobiography it’s full of great life lessons, commitment, drive, and hard work. Jorge Newbery is very relatable and straight forward. I enjoyed his use of pictures to go along with the text. I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The story line flows and keeps you captivated. It jumps from each stage of life and major events fluently. There is just the right amount of suspense to keep you intrigued. I never came across any big words or term that need to be looked up, so the text is very easy to understand.

I would recommend this book to anyone. I personally think that people who are in a slump, or looking for a meaning or a purpose would really benefit from reading this book. Jorge is a great example to anyone who wants to be a great success. He proves that an education isn’t necessary to become a success. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication but most anything is possible with the right outlook. He’s an inspiration. Jorge isn’t just about gaining a buck or status. His ultimate goal in life is to help others and better communities in need.

Profane Language: page 96 of 243 f**k and page 42 of 243 nigger.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”