Review by heatherashley7 -- Debt Cleanse

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
heatherashley7
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherashley7.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review by heatherashley7 -- Debt Cleanse

Post by heatherashley7 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Debt Cleanse" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Recently I have undertaken the task of reading one non-fiction book per month, and this month I read Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery. This is actually my second title by the same author, and I am equally please with this book as well. In this book Jorge goes further into detail regarding how he was able to get out of debt from the collapse of one of his real estate ventures. Jorge provides the reader with enough detail and other resources to ensure they have a successful start to “cleansing” their debt.

There were a few things I liked about this book, the first being that the reader can tell Jorge is “normal” and can easily relate to his story. I would suggest for readers to read his other book as that book explains how he got into the mess he did. Jorge also explains in great detail how to work with each debt the reader may have (i.e. mortgage, credit cards, judgement's, etc.). He also provides a website that many readers will find useful since it houses many resources for working with your debt collectors.

The main issue I have with Jorge’s approach is it is almost a “get out of jail free” card. Although Jorge does state in the beginning of the book not to rack up debt and then use his approach, I believe many people would simple because they are able to. Jorge provides helpful tips to reduce the amount of debt that one owes, which can be a double-sided sword. Jorge also mentions other tips for financial success but fails to give credit for where the idea originated.

I rate this book a three out of four stars. This book provides useful information for the average person and can help those who have fallen on hard times which is why I rate it a three and not a two. I give it a three instead of a four because the information could easily be misused and abused.

This book would be beneficial for almost all adults, and actually most teenagers. Instead of helping young adults out of a financial crisis if they learn how to avoid one it will serve them better in the future.

Debt Cleanse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”