Review by ernest mwangemi -- Gardening With Guns

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ernest mwangemi
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 160
Favorite Author: Greg Kater
Currently Reading: The Crystilleries of Echoland
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ernest-mwangemi.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Sean T. Smith
fav_author_id: 119157

Review by ernest mwangemi -- Gardening With Guns

Post by ernest mwangemi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Gardening With Guns" by AJ Wootton.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Gardening With Guns by AJ Wooton is a novel talking about a family way of life and adventure.

The books prologue gives one a glimpse of what to expect while reading the book. The prologue introduces the reader to the main character called Amber. She is a career woman with the ambitions of working hard and smart in order to live a comfortable life. She has worked for over ten years with Dynamo Electronics and things there were okay until she felt that the job is making her family to miss her. Amber decided to look for another job and hoped that the job she gets will give her time for her family.

AJ Wooten did a good job in trying to set a perfect family situations in the current world. With our ever growing technological advancement and high cost of living, its necessary for any couple to work extra hard in order to ensure every household need is taken care of. Because of the busy schedules, this has oftenly led to less time for family hence mostly broken marriages. I was glad to see how Amber read the situation in her family and opted to change job so that she had more time for family before the worst happened.

Gardening With Guns is a book that majors on the importance of family ties. It’s a book that will make you see how good it is for a family to be always together more frequent. Amber ensured that her children had time with their grandfather which ensured that the bond between them was always good and healthy. The family closeness also made it obvious for any member to realize when the other is not feeling okay as it was the case when Amber felt that her dad was not feeling alright when they talked on phone before her dad commuted suicide.

The themes discussed in the book also interested me. The writer touched on love, betrayal and education. Betrayal was evident when Ambers parents divorced due to some differences.

The book was well written and edited as I found no error while reading through. The story was well organized and the characters well developed through out the story. What I liked the most about the book was how it outlined the importance of having a family close to you at all time. It showed how it is important to balance work and family. It is for this reason that I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars and I highly recommend it to be read by everyone especially those couples who find it hard to balance between family and career.

Gardening With Guns
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”