Official Review: Become a Time Master by Katelyn Silva

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
desantismt_17
2019 Reading Goal: 25
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 136
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 176
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 1313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch Did It! by Patricia Komar

Official Review: Become a Time Master by Katelyn Silva

Post by desantismt_17 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Become a Time Master" by Katelyn Silva.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you constantly feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day? Are you struggling to accomplish everything on your to-do list? Even when you are “productive,” do you feel exhausted afterward?

If you said “yes” to any or all of these questions, you need to read Become a Time Master by Katelyn Silva. It’s a no-nonsense, straightforward book for increasing productivity, finding the lost moments in every day, and getting your life on the track you want.

At under 50 pages, this book is the perfect length for those who both want to better their time management skills and not spend too much time bettering their time management skills. I read this in one sitting and came away with a wealth of information about maximizing the hours in my day, as well as making those hours work for both my short-term and long-term goals. Whenever I read books that fall under the broad category of “self-help,” one of the key things I look for is advice I’ve seen elsewhere or witnessed actually work. I’m pleased to report this contained both.

Silva begins with a brief introduction, establishing her expertise for writing the book. I found it interesting and immediately relatable that she never considered herself good at time management until someone else pointed it out. Once she came to the realization, she figured out what she was doing right and put those actions into clear, easy-to-follow steps that anyone can implement in just a few minutes each day. Having done some of these myself before reading the book, I can vouch for the methods Silva prescribes. They do work.

Throughout, there were ideas that caught my attention. In the beginning, Silva breaks down effective time management into two things: mindset/awareness and organization. She argues that one cannot manage their life if their mind is a mess. I couldn’t agree more. Once you have the mindset of time management, the organization can come easily by using the steps Silva offers for finding times when you are being unproductive and turning those times into accomplishments. She also offered actionable steps throughout—little things readers can do as they go along to make the process less daunting.

Each chapter began with a quotation that set the tone for that chapter. I found this helpful to orient myself to each new topic. From beginning to end, Silva’s tone was the perfect mix of informative and encouraging. I appreciated her honesty in stating there would be days where time management just wouldn’t happen. She also said that there would (and should) be days where you just take a break. Burnout is a real thing, and it is important to take care of yourself first. If you don’t practice self-care, you will be no good to anyone else. Silva didn’t sugarcoat the possible struggle of getting back into the swing of things after a break. Truly, no word of this book was wasted.

I noticed absolutely no grammatical errors, and I walked away from this reading experience with an entire box of tools at my disposal. It is without reservations that I rate Become a Time Master 4 out of 4 stars. I never thought to give it 3. I recommend this book to anyone who needs some help with time management. The information in these pages is not to be missed. There is also a workbook that goes along with this and a class offered by the author (linked at the end of this book). For those wishing to clean up their minds and lives, this is an excellent resource.

Become a Time Master
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

jerrypru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerrypru.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by jerrypru »

The book seems to be the exact thing I need to get myself to manage my time well. I cannot wait to get the book . Reading the author's advises may help me.

kperm
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kperm.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by kperm »

I believe that many readers will benefit from this book, including myself. Thank you for your amazing review. I can't wait to read the book.

Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 40
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: A Murder is Announced
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 249
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Capturing a pandemic - a middle schoolers perspective by Sriman Goli
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

I'd be interested in reading this because my time management skills are non-existent and burnout is a problem, indeed. It sounds very useful in that area.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.

Sabreena Tigue
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sabreena Tigue »

i cant wait to read this book

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”