Review by sursangeet_2000 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sursangeet_2000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sursangeet-2000.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Review by sursangeet_2000 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by sursangeet_2000 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones, by Jorge P. Newbery is an inspirational non-fictional memoir. From his childhood days, the author has been very business-oriented. He started his career as a newspaper delivery boy at the tender age of seven. He then moved on to buy an ice-cream truck, started work as a busboy, became involved in the music industry, became a bicyclist and finally entered the world of real estate.

The author's motto in life has been that if you work hard at whatever profession you choose, success is sure to follow. He was not interested in a life of comfort but was always more focused on how he could improve his skills in any given profession. He put his heart and soul in his work and therefore success followed him in every job.

What I liked most about the book were the personal triumph and struggles that the author shares with his readers. At no point, does he glorify himself or makes his life seem larger than anyone's life out there. He had some major successes in life followed by major disasters.

The ups and downs of the author's life have been shown in a matter of fact way. He calls the difficult moments of his life as his burn zones. He states that every athlete goes through a phase in their game, which they feel are the most difficult phases of that sport. He calls it the athlete's burn zone and states that if they can overcome this phase then victory is bound to follow. This burn zone brings with it some major challenges as well as some valuable lessons to be learned. As the author shares his difficulties with us, he inspires us to take a deeper look at our burn zones and shows us a way of emerging victorious in our lives. He makes us want to work as hard as he did, simply because work in itself brings its own kind of joy.

The one thing that I did not feel comfortable about in the book was the technical, real-estate jargon that the author tends to use in the second half of the book. As I'm not in that industry, I had a hard time understanding those terms and had to frequently take breaks while reading some parts of the book. But the author made up for it by giving personal evaluations and references that had me reading till the end of the book.

I was absolutely amazed by the author's courage and determination, especially when he was in the limelight for all the wrong reasons. I was not surprised at the high quality of the memoir written by the author. I can imagine him slogging late hours into the night, working on his manuscript, simply because he wanted to turn it into the best book that he possibly could. I could barely find any errors in the book, which confirms that this was a professionally edited book. I would be more than happy to give this book a four out of four stars.

I would recommend that this book should be read by anyone who can read. If you're in the real estate industry, you would definitely find this book valuable. But even if you're not in this industry, it is a must-read book, simply because of the values it teaches, hard work and determination. Anybody who is going through their own burn zones, should read this book and learn some valuable lessons.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Aniza Butt
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Hidden In Front Of You by Robert E. F. Higgins

Post by Aniza Butt »

Sounds a really inspirational book. I don't read this genre but maybe some day i would.
Thanks for the review sursangeet ☺
"A Day May Come When The Courage of Men Fails.....
But It is Not This Day..This Day We FIGHT!!!"
~Aragorn~

La Cabra
Currently Reading: Jag är Zlatan
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-la-cabra.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by La Cabra »

I read this book a few months ago, I really liked it too. I love biographies and this was one was a very nice read because it's about the seeming ordinary kind of guy you might meet at a grocery store but whose story is actually very inspiring.

spencermack
2019 Reading Goal: 24
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 112
Favorite Book: A Loaf Of Bread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencermack.html
Latest Review: 1968 - Into the Abyss by Riley St. James
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by spencermack »

If it has technical real-estate jargon wouldn't it be difficult for other readers to get into? Sound slike its a bit of a trek to get through for me. Good review!
Spencer Mack

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”