Review by Virgovegan -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Virgovegan
Favorite Author: Anita Shreve
Currently Reading: A Good Neighborhood
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-virgovegan.html
Latest Review: Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery
fav_author_id: 3202

Review by Virgovegan -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Virgovegan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Notices by Jorge P. Newbery is the tale of a young man that never shied away from hard work, no matter what the cost. At 7 years old Jorge knew he wanted to succeed. He picked up two paper routes for competitive paper because for fifty percent more time invested, he could double the money he brought in. By the time he was eleven not only had he haggled, and purchased a bike with his own hard earned money, he had begun his own legitimate business selling ice-cream from an ice-cream tricycle cart. Jorge was a frugal young man with dreams of dollar signs from the very beginning.

Jorge Newbery was never content with a goal for too long. Once he reached the top of his objective it was time to move on. At thirteen years old Jorge landed his first real job. He was a busboy, a job he was proud of. At sixteen years old he convinced his parents to allow him to leave school and pursue his dream of finding his dream career.

Having developed a love of punk music, Jorge was determined to break into the music industry some how. He began interviewing punk bands and created Youth Manifesto which he sold internationally. At just seventeen years old he had accomplished his dream of becoming a record mogul. He owned a stage that he rented out, befriended major punk rock bands, and continued to increase his banked savings.

By the time Jorge was 19 he had a new goal. He wanted to be an accomplished bike racer. He trained hard, studied hard and was a category 1 bike racer at the age of 21. This was no easy feat, at that time there were only around 300 category one bike racers in the country. After many triumphs and setbacks, Jorge head decided to move on to bigger and better goals. At 24 he was a loan officer, at 26 a loan manager. He excelled at every venture he pursued until a catastrophic ice storm coupled with sabotage minded wolves in city official clothing brought him down.

After a devastating downfall his climb back to success was far from glamorous. Jorge, with his heart of gold and rock solid ethics, climbed his way to the top as only he could. He didn’t file bankruptcy, he didn’t point the finger. He worked hard and did without, just as any ethical business man would.

I recommend this book to anyone that has ever faced having to pick themselves back up again after a fall. Anyone that needs inspiration, tips on business practices, professional human relations Should read this book. Newbery touches on political , ethical, and racial issues from a fresh yet honest perspective. He is honest and frank in all of his observations, something refreshing in today’s dishonest, financially driven world.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars based on his work ethic, honest practices and unbelievably big heart. I found no grammatical or spelling error and found the language simple enough to understand, even without a business background. I didn’t give this book three stars because it is inspiring enough for even the simplest of goals.

What I liked best about this book is the chronological order of Newbery’s journey. I also like that he is honest and doesn’t sugarcoat anything. His reason for writing this is clearly to inspire and help others facing the same hurdles. What I liked least about the book is nothing.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

AvocaDebo621
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”