Review by svhsexcheerldr -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Hea...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
svhsexcheerldr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-svhsexcheerldr.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Review by svhsexcheerldr -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Hea...

Post by svhsexcheerldr »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts: A No-Nonsense Guide to Happiness and Success by Mark L. Wdowiak is a nonfiction, self-help book targeted for the “average Joe,” displeased with current life aspects. Broken into three distinct areas (Crawling, Walking, Running), this author guides the reader through an array of strategies that can aid in personal improvement. The advice given is presented through a building approach—learn/master the basics of success, apply the knowledge toward an entire life overhaul, and incorporate the newfound optimism with a positive state of mind. Additionally, by sharing his own difficulties for added verification, Wdowiak discusses tactics to educate people when life becomes challenging, as well as how to cope and prosper through the setbacks, obstacles, and disappointments. Upon reading this guide, the audience will learn methods to alter unwanted circumstances, and gain practical knowledge from past errors to create a more favorable present and future. Primarily, this writer teaches that real and ongoing success is not a matter of chance, but true prosperity can usually be controlled by the mind, attitude, and internal drive.

Although this literary advisor adamantly expresses straightforward guidance (and has no problem eradicating nonsensical excuses typically used to avoid self-blame), I liked the conversational tone he displayed throughout this work. I felt like Wdowiak adopted a friendly motif which made reading comfortable and relatable. Comradery is often a great way to connect. Also, the book is very well constructed in relation to Table-of-Contents, chapter titles, and subtitles. Often, informational works prompt people to go back and re-read important suggestions for emphasis and self-application; the layout made referencing an easy task.

Many good points are relayed throughout this work; some good points are relayed many times. Although I could appreciate this writer’s adamancy to get his message conveyed, I believe sound advice is just as helpful said once, instead of recurrently. Therefore, I did not like the sense of redundancy which tended to become distracting instead of effective.

Types of individuals that would enjoy this work are those who seek to alter their life in a positive way without creating a whole new existence entirely (which is often unrealistic). Additionally, people who wish to glean ideas from others that have proved a definite result without attending public events, and/or spending a lot of money on external strategies (i.e. self-help seminars, life coaches, guidance counselors, etc.) may also find this book beneficial; it is very reasonably priced to buy, and can be read at one’s discretion. On the other hand, closed-minded, egotistic persons who are not interested in other’s opinions, or those already content with their successes would not find this book useful. Clear and to the point, the author’s collection of tips is useless unless one seeks to better him/herself.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. This writer delivers his tips for self-improvement in a way that is extremely applicable and well-rounded, no matter the reader’s current situation. Furthermore, the editing was outstanding, almost without error, which made reading enjoyable and easy flowing. However, in some cases, Wdowiak can seem semi-arrogant relating his facts. At times, he points the finger of blame for the current discontentment on the reader themselves, which can cause a sense of uneasiness and tension. In any sense, the audience can rest assured that the language aspect is safe for anybody, ranking PG in the most severe form.

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”