Review by quirky_scorpio -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
quirky_scorpio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quirky-scorpio.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Review by quirky_scorpio -- The Biblical Clock

Post by quirky_scorpio »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock authored by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon is an informative book that deals with the most thought provoking topic- science and religion. The authors have tried their best to show the harmony between science and religion, how known historical events coincide with God’s plan. It bashes the common misconception that science and religion contradicts at every step.

At the beginning of the book is ‘A note from the Author’ which is very important for the readers to understand this book because in this part we get to know the author’s thoughts and educational background that led him to write this book. He has also shared about how he did his research, collected documents and established their relation to one another. Then comes the ‘Reading Guide’ which I would recommend reading very cautiously to understand the progress of the book. The main part of the book is divided into 3 parts each further divided into some chapters with proper narrative at the beginning for the convenience of the readers.

What I liked about this book is that it wandered into a controversial territory with ease because it has the pillars of facts and documents. The historical events are written like stories to keep the readers hooked. The author has already warned at the beginning that the book doesn’t follow chronological order so the reader has to be very cautious while reading. I didn’t dislike anything particularly. Religion is a very sensitive subject but the author has dealt with it very delicately so that no one’s sentiment is hurt which is very admirable.

The book is exceptionally well edited and can even be called flawless. Considering the subject of the book the authors have done an excellent job at establishing the relation between scientific explanations and religious scriptures along with the historical events. Images and maps are provided for better understanding of the events. The appendix provided at the end of the book is a boon for the readers.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 because of the reasons stated above. I absolutely enjoyed reading this book. You cannot read it at one go cause you would need time to process all the information. The sources are also mentioned at the end so you can even cross-check the information provided. The solid foundation of this book is a very rare and impressive trait.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

I am interested in reading ancient books like the Bible. Some part of it does not make sense to me. It's interesting to read your review and find out new opinions. Thanks for that.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”