Review by CEReader -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CEReader
Currently Reading: Restoring Your Child's Mental Health
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cereader.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Review by CEReader -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by CEReader »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Empowered" by Dominica Lumazar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Until investigating this tool guide, Empowered: The Business Owner’s Guide to Leadership and Success by Dominica Lumazar, I did not realize why I felt like I was on a treadmill working up a good sweat but going nowhere. While I love my profession, I do not appreciate the workplaces that have failed to respect employees by encouraging effective communication and workplace practices. I dislike working in places where the vision does not match the actions. This tool book has opened my mind to at least helping lead the charge for better leadership or the possibility of opening my own business, an idea I have never entertained. If you find yourself discouraged and displeased with your current work situation or the direction of your business, this book is worth the read to figure out what might be the cause and if you need to make changes.

What I like most about this book is the informative, yet engaging manner in which the author writes the story. She supplies practical advice with examples, sprinkled with personal experiences to lend authenticity to her business strategies. Unlike various other sources of information, she provides a framework that could be taken and run with from the book alone for a person who needed only minor help to ensure a stronger foundation. Then she provides resources and an invitation to contact her if you need more in-depth help with exploring and/or developing the desired framework and foundation. Lots of resources these days only give the bare bones of information, then you have to pay for a subscription, a class, or a course to get the meat of the information. As a person who is ready for good information but does not have the financial resources to pursue the “good stuff”, I find this book chock full of substance.

As there is not anything I dislike the most about this guidebook, I can only rave regarding this rousing and motivational work! The question that weighs on my mind like an elephant on a tightrope is whether I am better suited to find a workplace that employes effective business strategies and leadership or do I need to create the workplace? Without quality leadership, I cannot be the help that I need to be to best assist those I want to help grow. In a time when many industries are forgetting what quality communication should look like within a business and flowing from and to a business, it is simply wonderful to see that someone has revealed a tool that can help businesses set the correct tone!

I give Empowered: The Business Owner’s Guide to Leadership and Success by Dominica Lumazar a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. This read both captured my attention and pulled at my emotions. I have to figure out how and what I have read needs to influence my next steps. As a child of God, I feel like this instrument for stoking a successful workplace came to my attention without coincidence to help me move in a direction that is part of my journey and destination.

This book is for those people who are thinking about or are ready to fight for a thriving, well-built workplace. It is not for the faint of heart or for those who are unwilling to critically analyze a business to determine what is helping the business to be successful and what is hurting the business. All businesses need quality, attentive people to allow the business to function at its best level. Will you decide to help a business reach its best level or will you be the owner of the business that works to reach its best level?

Empowered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”