Review by RoseMarieD -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RoseMarieD
Currently Reading: The Peter Savage Novels Boxed Set
Bookshelf Size: 630
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemaried.html
Latest Review: Sundown by Carl H. Mitchell

Review by RoseMarieD -- The Biblical Clock

Post by RoseMarieD »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan is an exceptionally well written (and edited) and meticulously researched thesis reconciling the narrative of biblical creation with the current scientific data about the creation, age, evolution and future of our universe.

Author Daniel Friedmann begins his book with an author’s note describing his education in the sciences with a master’s degree in engineering physics and his personal desire to reconcile secular science with the Genesis Creation narrative of Jews and Christians. He is forthcoming about identifying a potential bias based upon his extensive education in Judaism. The Biblical Clock is actually the fourth book in a series of five, but is essentially his concluding analyses of the others culminating in the author’s “Biblical Clock formula.”

The author’s second preface to his book is a Reading Guide in which he briefly outlines the book and how it is divided into three parts. The chronology traces history as it applies to Mr. Friedmann’s personal journey of understanding and enlightenment. He brilliantly combines history, scripture, biographies, and a host of scholarly writings with fascinating historical fiction narratives in a way that leads the reader through a much more detailed, nearly hour-to-hour Creation timeline.

In the first part, the author provides a broad understanding of relevant history, texts and commentaries necessary to set the stage for determining a more exact biblical timeline. It describes the concepts of 7,000-year cyclical cosmic events and biblical cycles and examines how each day of Creation parallels 1,000 years of biblical and secular history beginning with the life of Adam. He expertly stretches the Creation timeline across the history of the universe by applying a plausible God-days to human years ratio resulting in very accurate fit.

The second part reinforces the author’s biblical clock timeline and begins to focus on the sixth day of Creation. He describes how overlaying the millennium the sixth day represents brings us past present day and through The End of Days. The last chapter of this part is the author’s fictional speculation narrative describing the End of Days.

The third part briefly summarizes key elements of Mr. Friedmann’s biblical clock formula. More detail is given about the creation of the universe and how the original sin of Adam and Eve marks the start of human history.

What I liked most about this book is how clearly the author explains his thought process as he developed his biblical clock formula. Mr. Friedmann takes the reader step by step through his personal journey attempting to reconcile science and faith. My rating is a 4 out of 4 stars.

This book will be of particular interest to anyone interested in reconciling biblical events with current understanding of the beginning of time.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ndiviwe
2021 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

As a Christian I'm definitely going to give this book a read, I'm actually very excited about it. It sounds like a exceptionally interesting read and would streght my faith even more and help me answer some of my questions I have or bring about more questions
Chizioboli
2021 Reading Goal: 58
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes

Post by Chizioboli »

Thank you for the elaborate review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”