Review by Jairby101 -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jairby101
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jairby101.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review by Jairby101 -- The Biblical Clock

Post by Jairby101 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock was a very interesting read and quite the eye opener. In the Author note he does mention his potential bias based on his religous background in Judaism. So most of the researched is from rabbis and the Torah, but also from the bible. Coming from a Christian home this did not turn me off from reading. However, he is also very educated in science and that is the career path he chose. So it's not completely one sided. The point of this book is to explain how old the earth is by using biblical text and some science to back it up, and also to relate on some of the scientific theories of how the world was created. I think people with a more secular belief will feel the biased nature of this book but they should'nt get discouraged because he does relate what science and the bible say about the creation of the world. So give this book a read!

In the first part of the book we learn about the history of Isaac and the land of Acre. This was very enriching and I felt as though I was there and could visualize everything. The authors Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon did a wonderful job writing this book. It was well written, descriptive but not overwhelming to the point it was overdone and boring. They also provide a plethora of references to the people they researched and wrote about. The quotes from the rabbis are really beautiful. Also, they done the math! Dont worry, it's in there.

Part two discusses the Divine Plan and refers back to some stories and people from the bible explaining why the divine plan hasn't come to fruition yet and what it's going to take for it to happen. It was very insightful and thought provocative. It includes some images and timeline graphs to help with visualization and understanding, also to show a future prediction of the divine plan. He then proceeds with his idea of the divine plan coming to, in the future. Its all speculation but draws from some of the current events were experiencing today. He writes a very visual and possible story of what he thinks is most likely to happen.

In part three you read of the creation, coming from a Rabbi Ramban and about Adam's sin. Part three is short but followed by pages and pages of sources that go by chapters so it's east to find what you want to reference.

I really enjoyed reading about Acre, the rabbis and his prediction of the end of days. You dont have to be a philosopher to enjoy and understand this book because the writing is well worded. I did'nt want to put the book down and I normally dont read non fiction. I rate it a 3 out of 4.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”