Review by ciecheesemeister -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Sea of Surprises
Bookshelf Size: 538
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Spiritual Awareness by Natalie by Natalie Soares
fav_author_id: 165843

Review by ciecheesemeister -- The Biblical Clock

Post by ciecheesemeister »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The following is my review of The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.

This scholarly work endeavors to resolve the discrepancies between the agreed-upon scientific timeline for the evolution of the Universe, the solar system, and the world and the cosmic timeline agreed upon by theologians who adhere to Creationist beliefs. The authors primarily utilize Jewish holy texts including the Dead Sea Scrolls, the system of Kabbalah, the Old Testament from the Bible, the Talmud, and the Torah for the theological portion of their studies. They use currently accepted scientific theories for the non-spiritual portions of their work.

As an agnostic who developed an interest in the Kabbalah not long after I became disillusioned with Christianity when I was in my late teens, I was extremely interested in this work. I cannot say that it renewed my belief in Yahweh or in the teachings of the Bible, but it does provide compelling evidence for influence by a higher power on the creation of the Universe. If nothing else, it renewed my interest in Kabbalah, which is a beautiful system for understanding the potential metaphysical aspects of creation. I was also deeply fascinated by the detailed stories of Jewish history.

This book will be appreciated by any reader who enjoys studying Jewish or Christian history with an open mind. It will likely not be well-received by those readers who hold strong Creationist beliefs or by strict Atheists who feel that all religious studies are folly. It is a lengthy and detailed book which might seem a bit dry and verbose to those readers who prefer a brief and concise account of the subject matter.

The thing I liked most about the book was the obvious care given to the research being undertaken. It obviously took a great deal of time to bring together each of the unique threads which weave the tapestry of this fascinating tome. Instructors in religious studies would be advised to add The Biblical Clock to their library.

I can’t think of anything I didn’t like about the book. It was quite lengthy and it was not a fast read, but this is simply an observation rather than any sort of grievance.

I give The Biblical Clock four out of four stars. It is exceptionally well-written, filled with meaningful details and stories, and it was professionally edited. It is a book worth having for anyone who enjoys studying the history and theory of Judaism and Christianity.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I came across this book as I was browsing my shelves and decided to check it out.
Thank you for the informative review.
Bet on Me! :idea:
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

I am interested in reading ancient books like the Bible. Some part of it does not make sense to me. It's interesting to read your review and find out new opinions. Thanks for that.
Sylvie203
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading: The Consummate Communicator
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Sylvie203 »

Thank you for your detailed review. Your response has shown how this book has managed to successfully link religion, science & history in order to make sense of our complex & changing world. This book will be joining my book shelf as a must-to read...
Mounce574
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The Mystery of the Hidden Bridge
Bookshelf Size: 402
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mounce574.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN

Post by Mounce574 »

As a firm believer of Christianity, I find your ability to be objective very interesting. I have looked at several reviews of this book and everyone has a different opinion. I like how you noted the amount of research that had to take place in the book. Great review!
"I don't want to dance with the Devil
I just want to confront him at a table
And I don't need your hollow promise
I just need to look you in the eyes and tell you
You didn't help me make it"
Upchurch The Redneck
kiki2881
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiki2881.html
Latest Review: The Neighbour At Number 18 (Reload) by Hawa Crickmore

Post by kiki2881 »

I liked that you mentioned your perspective as an agnostic and how your belief kind of affected your reaction to the book. I also love topics regarding religion, so might include this book on my reading list. Anyways, great review!
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Goral »

Sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks for the review!
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”