Official Review: The Shining Light by Isaac Aluko Ademoroti

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Daniel_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Official Review: The Shining Light by Isaac Aluko Ademoroti

Post by Daniel_ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Shining Light" by Isaac Aluko Ademoroti.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Shining Light: In The Land of Darkness is a nonfiction book written by a Christian author, Isaac Aluko Ademoroti. This is the second edition of the book, and its production has been necessitated mainly by the need to expand the first edition. Consequently, the author expanded some chapters and added two new chapters, resulting in this seven-chapter book.

In this book, Isaac presented the Holy Bible as a wondrous book, with reasons. One of the reasons he gave is that the Bible, though completed more than one thousand nine hundred years ago, continues to be relevant to peoples of every generation. He went on to explain that all the thirty-seven writers of the sixty-six books that make up the Bible had a common inspiration—the Almighty God. He also presented twenty-one aliases of the Bible with scriptural references. Furthermore, Isaac pointed out that everything in the Bible revolves around one Man, and meticulously, he gave ninety-five different names used in the Bible to refer to Him.

Within this book also—among other things—are prophecies in the Bible that have been fulfilled, and the ones that are yet to come to pass. However, he stated that the time we’re in now can be likened to the time of Noah; a time when promiscuity is fashionable; a time when great crimes are committed, and people are killed for the flimsiest of reasons; a time when betrayal is common among friends; a time when greed is rampant, and cheating is the order of the day; a time when showing remorse for an evil deed is seen as a sign of weakness; and a time when God is seen to be old-fashioned and boring.

I’m glad I read The Shining Light: In The Land of Darkness. I found it inspiring, insightful, and edifying. Also, I agree with everything Isaac said in this book. This is not because I’m a Christian, but because everything he said are undeniable facts, in my opinion. His explanations are very clear and logical. I admire his in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Scripture and his teaching skills. I also like his style of writing. Isaac did not try to impose his ideas and beliefs on the readers, however, before he makes any assertion, he always presents a thorough analysis—based on the Bible and logic—after which he draws an inference. I also appreciate the way he summarized each Bible story used, even the popular ones. This was really helpful. Also, I believe this will help 'accommodate' a wider range of readers— Christians and non-Christians.

There is nothing I dislike about The Shining Light: In The Land of Darkness. However, I would have loved it if the Bible quotations were presented in italic print, and perhaps, also well separated.

I rate The Shining Light: In The Land of Darkness three out of four stars. The only reason for not giving it a perfect rating is because of the errors I found while reading. Though not many errors were found, I expected little or no error since it is a second-edition book. I should however add that the errors do not affect its readability.

The Shining Light: In The Land of Darkness is a must-read for all Christians, as it centers on the Holy Bible. Reading it will help Christians to have a deeper understanding of the Scripture and better appreciate the stories recorded therein. The Shining Light: In The Land of Darkness can also be read by non-Christians—especially when read with an open mind—and religious-book lovers.

The Shining Light
View: on Bookshelves
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

I'm not a fan of religious books, but I'm glad to know you found the information in this one interesting and useful. Thanks for sharing.
Rachel Lea
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-lea.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rachel Lea »

I really appreciate how the author makes sure to back up his assertions with facts and well-formed arguments. This sounds like a really interesting book. Thank you for your review!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one." -- George R.R. Martin :techie-studyingbrown:
Miller56
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miller56.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Miller56 »

Thank you for your review. I like some religious books and others I feel are a little too opinionated. This book sounds like it is pretty factual and has good arguments. I also agree we have went back in time to a period where God destroyed the earth and began again due to the sins of the people. I think this is a book worth reading.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It's too bad about the errors as I feel like I'd agree with much of what the author has to say. From the information you've given, this is one I need to put on my list. Great review. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Daniel_
Currently Reading:

Post by Daniel_ »

Michelle Fred wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 23:56 I'm not a fan of religious books, but I'm glad to know you found the information in this one interesting and useful. Thanks for sharing.
Alright.
Thanks for stopping by. :tiphat:
Daniel_
Currently Reading:

Post by Daniel_ »

Rachel Lea wrote: 23 Sep 2019, 12:04 I really appreciate how the author makes sure to back up his assertions with facts and well-formed arguments. This sounds like a really interesting book. Thank you for your review!
Yes it is.
Daniel_
Currently Reading:

Post by Daniel_ »

Miller56 wrote: 23 Sep 2019, 13:03 Thank you for your review. I like some religious books and others I feel are a little too opinionated. This book sounds like it is pretty factual and has good arguments. I also agree we have went back in time to a period where God destroyed the earth and began again due to the sins of the people. I think this is a book worth reading.
That's right. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
And thanks for stopping by. :tiphat:
Daniel_
Currently Reading:

Post by Daniel_ »

kandscreeley wrote: 23 Sep 2019, 19:06 It's too bad about the errors as I feel like I'd agree with much of what the author has to say. From the information you've given, this is one I need to put on my list. Great review. Thanks!
Please do. I will enjoy reading it.
ValerijaJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerijaj.html
Latest Review: Call Me Pomeroy by James Hanna

Post by ValerijaJ »

The Bible is a fascinating book, pushing people forward for centuries. Even though I do not believe in it, I do understand the meaning behind it. I like how the author used smart arguments instead of just pushing forward his beliefs. But in a certain way, saying ''Hey, here's why the Bible is so great'' is a type of forcing someones beliefs on you. Nevertheless, as a non-Christian I think I might actually read it someday. I might cringe all the way through, but I'm very interested in what the author has to say. :techie-studyinggray:

Thank you for the review!
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

I'm not very religious, so I'll pass on this one. Great review, though!
Daniel_
Currently Reading:

Post by Daniel_ »

ValerijaJ wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 03:25 The Bible is a fascinating book, pushing people forward for centuries. Even though I do not believe in it, I do understand the meaning behind it. I like how the author used smart arguments instead of just pushing forward his beliefs. But in a certain way, saying ''Hey, here's why the Bible is so great'' is a type of forcing someones beliefs on you. Nevertheless, as a non-Christian I think I might actually read it someday. I might cringe all the way through, but I'm very interested in what the author has to say. :techie-studyinggray:

Thank you for the review!
Good to hear this from a non-Christian.
And thanks f or stopping by. :tiphat:
Daniel_
Currently Reading:

Post by Daniel_ »

Mbrooks2518 wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 11:52 I'm not very religious, so I'll pass on this one. Great review, though!
Alright.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”