Review by Shielasshi_93 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shielasshi_93
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shielasshi-93.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Shielasshi_93 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Shielasshi_93 » 15 Sep 2019, 21:59

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jorge P. Newbery defined burn zones as relatively short periods of extraordinary effort that separated the winners and losers in his autobiography Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands.

Mr. Newbery manifested his drive for business and making money at a young age of seven when he realized that he could earn double by being the paperboy of two competing newspaper companies. Since then, he only thought of making and saving money. He started his ice cream business when he was eleven years old, he then worked as a busboy and decided to quit school to focus on his interests. Later, his earnings as a busboy paved the way for his record label, Upstart Record. Although his record label did not stand the challenges of time, he proved that he could do whatever he set his mind into and that he learned more important things in life than what he could have achieved in school. He also shared his short run in bike racing before he dived into real estate.

Just as he thought that he established an empire, a natural disaster struck and turned his world around. From being worth millions of dollars, he became a person that no one wanted to work with.

I enjoyed perusing this book; The author’s confidence inspired me, and his enthusiasm reached me. I also aspire to achieve discipline the author imposed on himself and his passion for new beginnings. Moreover, I appreciated how the author placed importance to his family. I felt emotional and even shed a tear when he was honoring his father. What I liked best in this book was that the author delivered an excellent job in narrating the events in his life that the book felt more like a novel than an autobiography to me.

The author also discussed social problems that were still prevalent up to this day like racism, stereotyping, and police brutality. I could also relate to how he sympathized with people. Additionally, I also liked that the author included photos and newspaper articles about him, both that slandered and praised him. Overall, this book was inspirational. It made me want to do more things in my life, and it taught me that my magic bullet is me. There was not a thing that I disliked in this book; this book was also thoroughly edited because I found no grammar error.

I would rate this wonderful book a perfect score of 4 stars out of 4 stars. I highly recommend this book to everyone, especially those who enjoy reading non-fiction and autobiography and those who are going through a hurdle in their life right now.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”