Review by Hawkshaw47 -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hawkshaw47
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hawkshaw47.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Review by Hawkshaw47 -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Hawkshaw47 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Empowered" by Dominica Lumazar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Over a year ago, I embarked on a personal and professional journey: small business entrepreneur. Being an entrepreneur is not for everyone. It can be a difficult and even scary struggle most days, but thankfully there are numerous resources for small businesses. One such resource is what this review is about: Empowered: The Business Owners Guide to Leadership & Success by Dominica Lumazar. This book wholeheartedly deserves a 4 out of 4 stars because of the expertise that the author has and the advice she shares throughout.

Empowered covers quite a few topics: such as, being a leader, branding, marketing, business relationships, and staying focused on your goals. There are numerous first hand experiences that you will resonate with if you’ve had similar experiences. Lumazar states the critical qualities that any business owner should strive to have and improve upon. In fact, it is a list that could easily be printed out and hung up in your office as a reminder to yourself. Each chapter contained some action steps for anyone who doesn’t like sitting around reading, but would rather be working on their business. Other aspects that were touched on, is analytics, running reports, money management, and questions throughout that will help you to grow your business.

What I loved most about this book was that Lumazar dealt with the topic of work-life balance. Work-life is important because small business owners do spend more time on their business than one would at a regular nine to five job. Personally, I have seen that I need to schedule my own times out of my house because I spend most of my days in a small recording studio or in front of my computer editing. Work-life balance is critical when you are the sole employee in your business. The author also talked about her challenges in business and that really helped me feel a sense of understanding because small businesses face challenges daily. Another awesome part of the book was the Action Steps that were listed through out the book. It was almost like homework, but without a due date.

What I disliked most about this book was the fact that there were no surveys or tests. That seems silly, I know, but it may have added a sense of urgency to the critical information that was contained in each chapter. There were no noticeable grammatical mistakes; except maybe a repeated line that may have just been my computer or a pdf glitch. Believe me, I have read some manuscripts that seemed like they needed to be rewritten entirely; however, Empowered: The Business Owner’s Guide to Leadership & Success seemed to have no mistakes and made for an easy and enjoyable read. It was exceptionally well edited in my opinion.

In conclusion, I would highly recommend Empowered: The Business Owners Guide to Leadership & Success by Dominica Lumazar because it contains valuable information for anyone who is or desires to be an entrepreneur. Whether you have thought about or jumped right into running a small business, this book is for you and should be included in your lifelong entrepreneurial learning. As a business owner, it’s important to be prepared, but you still need to continue to grow and learn for your business health.

Empowered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”