Review by Brianna14 -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brianna14
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brianna14.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Review by Brianna14 -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Brianna14 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Empowered" by Dominica Lumazar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you’re looking for a way to improve your business ventures, Empowered, by Dominica Lumazar, is a great place to start! Not only does she create a connection with the reader right away, but she also pinpoints the essentials for what makes a great business and leader in as few words possible. Beginning with her personal story of how she became a small business owner (due to a serious car accident), Lumazar weaves a tale of how she was able to take control of her life and pursue her dream of owning her own business. This is a straight-to-the-point read with great anecdotes to prove her ideas. After reading this book and implementing the design laid out, I do not doubt that your business will not only thrive, but you will become a better leader and owner of business and life!

I would rate this a 4 out of 4! I loved how her personal stories didn’t detract from the end goal of what makes a business stand out. Unlike a lower-rated book, Empowered had a nice flow from ideas to stories to actual ways to implement them. For example one of the ideas is to maximize marketing. This then goes into understanding marketing yourself (not just letting the designated marketing person do it all) and then realizing who your target audience is by getting through to them on the various social media platforms which your audience frequents.

What I liked most was how relatable it was, even for someone like myself who doesn’t own a business, but is a stay at home parent. It talks about finding a balance in life and that it’s ok to not always be completely in love with your business. What I disliked most about this book was that it had one usage of “ass” in it. The complete reference was “kick-ass parent”.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is either wanting to start a business or just interested in finding ways to make a business better. Overall, a great read for those who are looking for inspiration in any kind of avenue. Dominica is immensely talented in writing books, singing, helping businesses succeed, and starting her businesses. It is inspiring to read a book with so many hardships and personal breakthroughs. I was super pleased with the result of this book and other than the few typos, I have little if anything negative to say about it. I recommend everyone read it because I’m sure there is something to be learned by all from Empowered.

Empowered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”