Review by BibiG24 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BibiG24
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibig24.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by BibiG24 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by BibiG24 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jorge Newbery uses Burn Zones to tell his life, it can be considered as an autobiography. During all the book, his experiences as a young worker and all the different circumstances that he had to face who he is right now are shown as well as his desire of achieving his goals without letting those difficulties to affect him.

The persons he met and the friends he had were an important fact for the goals he achieved. Every single detail of the attitudes and physical appearance was described in order the reader can have a better image about the persons. Also, some images were included and that helped a lot. He divided each chapter as a chapter of his life and each of them with subchapters that, as well, were named according what was the most important of that moment.

I liked the fact that he showed how important was for him all the different activities and work he done during his life and showed the perspective he has now as an adult about the situations that he faced. In addition, he included band names and songs he listened to during his life and that made the reading more friendly. One thing I did not like at all was he including lots of terms that, for me, were difficult to understand since were in a context that I am not involved. However, the development of him as human and as worker was something that really brought the book up.

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars. The reason for me to rate this book this way and not giving it the four stars was that for me was a little bit heavy to read, at some point I felt it was boring but then it was interesting again. I gave three stars and not two because the book was inspiring, and I was grateful while I read it that the book arrived my life in a moment that I was having doubts about my own decisions. I consider this book can be read by adults specially since is more reflective than adventurous; some young adults could enjoy the reading, however because of the vocabulary used and the philosophical way it has, I see this book more for adults.

While I was reading, I had to look for some phrases to make sure they were written correctly since for me some words seemed not to be arranged as usual; however, the book had no mistakes, and this shows a good edition job.

The book filled all my expectations and even gave me a little bit more of what I was expecting to receive form it. It is a good book and I enjoyed it.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Wanjugush
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 22
Favorite Author: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Favorite Book: Becoming
Currently Reading: Finding A Job in Tough Times
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanjugush.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer by Julie Penshorn
fav_author_id: 2734

Post by Wanjugush »

I love autobiographies and Burn Zones is a great book. The author takes us through a journey of his life ,showing his own 'burn zones' in an incredible way. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”