Review by pks192005 -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
pks192005
Currently Reading: The Instant Champagne Expert
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pks192005.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Review by pks192005 -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by pks192005 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Empowered" by Dominica Lumazar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I rate Empowered by Dominica Lumazar 4 out of 4 star. This is a very well written and edited book. It gives very insightful business perspective to the reader. Actually, it is a quick read, with lots of information and advice for business owners. The best part of this book that it has several anecdotes from the author’s personal experience. Her lucid and simple style makes the book a very interesting read. Lumazar’s style of combing personal anecdotes with practical suggestions makes it interesting for the reader and also enables the reader to process & absorb the information quickly and understand what it truly takes to create a business.

The book has 3 sections. The first section, Leading For Success, covers topics on leadership, types of leaders, leader’s mindset. It helps the reader get a hang of the business perspective. It is very easy for a startup or small business owner to get bogged down by the operational side. This book highlights how a important it is to maintain holistic perspective. The second section is Business Value. It covers the customer aspects. We build business and services for customers and it is important that the customer knows about our products and services. In this section she covers the important topics of marketing and branding. The third section is Business Clarity. In this section she reviews habits of good leaders and advices how a new manager can assess and course correct.

I liked the book very much. It is short and crisp and made interesting with personal experiences. I especially appreciate the courage with which the author has shared personal anecdotes and is so transparent sharing several of her ups and downs. She has learned the hard way. Her effort to share her experiences and do good to people having similar aspirations is admirable.

I liked her examples, for instance the one in which she mentions that anyone who eats at a restaurant should work in a food service at some point in their lives. This definitely will increase your empathy for servers when you go out to dinner. Empathy is so important for any business.

Overall, I would recommend this book. This book would be useful for everyone. But I would especially refer this to an entrepreneur or business person, someone who is just starting out or even persons with experience. I believe all can learn some thing or the other from this book. If nothing else, you would atleast appreciate the grit of the lady and be inspired. If she could do not all by herself, we have the wealth of shared experience.

Empowered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”