Review by Wanjugush -- It's Time to Align

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wanjugush
Favorite Author: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Favorite Book: Becoming
Currently Reading: Finding A Job in Tough Times
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanjugush.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer by Julie Penshorn
fav_author_id: 2734

Review by Wanjugush -- It's Time to Align

Post by Wanjugush »

[Following is a volunteer review of "It's Time to Align" by Allen Lottinger.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It’s Time to Align by Allen Lottinger is a non-fiction controversial book about raising our vibration. According to the author, human beings can either lower or raise their vibration, depending on how they live their lives. The choices of people determine whether they will raise their vibration to align with their vortex. This concept ensures one lives a successful life.

The book is basically divided into three segments. The first segment is the introduction, where the author analyses the human vibration, and how they affect our day to day lives. The second segment is about things that lower vibration such as religion, politics, possessive sex, fear and surprisingly, wheat. The third segment handles things that raise vibration such as meditation, exercise and forgiveness. The author explains why many people are struggling in life and how they can solve their problems. He gives tips on things that can be done to eliminate our problems and live happier lives.

What I liked most about the book is how the author has used a thought-provoking writing style. Lottinger articulates his ideas and convictions with simplicity by adding quotes from other scholars and researchers. The book is more than a self-help book, as it looks at the problems and offers the solutions. Although his sources are questionable, they offer more insight into his ideas.

What I disliked most about the book is how the author handles some sensitive topics such as Christianity and monogamy. His ideas can be offensive to the groups of people who practice both. Also, I feel the author didn’t explain his points properly. In my case, I really can’t tell exactly what ‘vibration’ or ‘vortex’ are, even after the words being used throughout the book. The introduction part of the book doesn’t offer adequate information on what the book is all about, and I felt like I was floating through ideas because the terms were not properly explained.

I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars because I found is offensive and insensitive to the Christian religion. I couldn’t give it a maximum rating because it contains some aspect of vulgar or profane e.g. when the author writes, ‘Okay enough praise, now get the f*ck out of here you leaching little bastards. We need to end this sh*t now. Enough is enough.' This quote is in relation to dismissing religion which I found as improper. On the other hand, the book is professionally edited because I found only a single grammatical error. I recommend it to anyone seeking to achieve higher vibration in their lives as the book offers guidelines on how to do that. I wouldn’t recommend it to a religious person, especially a Christian because it is offensive and demeaning to their faith and beliefs.

It's Time to Align
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Niv123
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nivi-gideon.html
Latest Review: Returning fire by Linda rhoutsong

Post by Niv123 »

I don't think this book is for me based on what you've described, but this review was quite informative and helpful. Thank you!
Wanjugush

Post by Wanjugush »

Nivi Gideon wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 08:37 I don't think this book is for me based on what you've described, but this review was quite informative and helpful. Thank you!
Thanks for your kind comment.
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Post by shravsi »

This book is not for me. But congrats on the review. You read it even though you found it offensive to some extent.
Wanjugush

Post by Wanjugush »

shravsi wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 10:47 This book is not for me. But congrats on the review. You read it even though you found it offensive to some extent.
Thanks for passing by.
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

Wanjugush wrote: 19 Aug 2019, 13:38 In my case, I really can’t tell exactly what ‘vibration’ or ‘vortex’ are, even after the words being used throughout the book.
That's one of my main problems with these spiritual self-help books: they take terms from other fields and use them in vague, loosely defined (if defined at all) ways. I actually appreciate the author for writing in a blunt way instead of hiding in flowery language, but it's likely not a book I would enjoy. Thanks for the review!
unamilagra
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

I'm glad this book has come along to alert us to the dangers of religion, monogamy, and gluten. :shock: I liked how you addressed the positives and negatives in this review. I felt it was very honest and fair.
Wanjugush

Post by Wanjugush »

Tomah wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 15:07
Wanjugush wrote: 19 Aug 2019, 13:38 In my case, I really can’t tell exactly what ‘vibration’ or ‘vortex’ are, even after the words being used throughout the book.
That's one of my main problems with these spiritual self-help books: they take terms from other fields and use them in vague, loosely defined (if defined at all) ways. I actually appreciate the author for writing in a blunt way instead of hiding in flowery language, but it's likely not a book I would enjoy. Thanks for the review!
I agree with you. Some terms used don't make sense or are out of context.
Wanjugush

Post by Wanjugush »

unamilagra wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 21:54 I'm glad this book has come along to alert us to the dangers of religion, monogamy, and gluten. :shock: I liked how you addressed the positives and negatives in this review. I felt it was very honest and fair.
Thank you for your kind comment.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I haven't heard about vibrations and raising or lowering them. It sounds a bit out there for me. I'm glad you found some good points in it, though. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Wanjugush

Post by Wanjugush »

kandscreeley wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 18:39 I haven't heard about vibrations and raising or lowering them. It sounds a bit out there for me. I'm glad you found some good points in it, though. Thanks!
Thanks for your comment.
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

Great review you compiled.Sorry for having to deal with what the author didn't explain best,it's part of the review process.Thank🖕
Wanjugush

Post by Wanjugush »

Florence Nalianya wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 02:39 Great review you compiled.Sorry for having to deal with what the author didn't explain best,it's part of the review process.Thank
Thanks for your comment.
Erin Painter Baker
Favorite Book: Among Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Luke and Luka: Genius Kid Heroes by A.D. Largie

Post by Erin Painter Baker »

Is it wrong that the only thing about this book that I am interested in is why wheat supposedly lowers vibrations? Does the author suffer from Celiacs?
Wanjugush

Post by Wanjugush »

esp1975 wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 10:47 Is it wrong that the only thing about this book that I am interested in is why wheat supposedly lowers vibrations? Does the author suffer from Celiacs?
He didn't mention that he suffers from Celiacs, and doesn't give any concreate reason that supports his argument. :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”