Review by Sushan -- Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Review by Sushan -- Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Happy Healing" by Dominique Bourlet.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Though I treat hundreds of patients (Well, I am a doctor!), when it comes to myself, I am a bit reluctant to take medication for simple illnesses, including mild pain. Recently I got a hip pain following a workout, and by the mean time I had started reading the book Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet. So with the idea to find an alternative way of relieving pain, I read the whole book in a single breath. And here I am presenting my review of the book.

As per the basic details, my copy came with 173 pages. It contained 17 chapters, which were divided into three parts. In author's words,
In PART ONE, the creation of the method will be reviewed. PART TWO will offer a detailed description of Happy Healing. Finally, in PART THREE, you will discover the eight magic steps of the self-healing protocol.
In a nutshell, this is a book that introduces a way to treat the emotional aspect of pain, and through that it will be an aid to relieve the physical aspect of the pain as well.

I cannot comment on the method, since I actually did not try it (though I still had my 'pain' issue). The only thing that I can say is, it is an invention of the author, and seemingly it has helped many of his patients. So I will review the book as it is.

The best thing about this book is the way it has been organized. The author has identified several groups of goals of the readers who will read this book, and has catogorized the chapters accordingly. This gives the reader the choice to read only the necessary chapters, rather than reading the whole book. But the author had kept an order for the chapters to keep the flow of the book, and to help the reader to find the chapters what he/she needs, a guide has been included in addition to the list of content.
Depending on your interests, goals, wishes, and needs, you may want to review the following chapters: Happy Healing in a nutshell Read the Introduction, Happy Healing Visuals and Reporting Form (Chapter 6), Overview of the Method (Chapter 7), and The Three Prayers/Meditations (Chapter 8). Also read The Success Formula for Happy Healing and the Love Message (Chapter 17). The starting point of the method Read the Introduction, Body Whispering (Chapter 2) and Speaking to the Body as a Person: The Story of Vendula (Chapter 3)............
The book is organized in a very methodical manner, so anyone can understand and apply the method on their own. Relevant supportive material is also included such as printed forms to keep notes while applying the method. The book is good for therapists as well, because they can use the facts to advice their patients and help them to understand the emotional aspect of pain and how to use it as an aid to relieve pain.

Another good thing is the author's rationalizing of the things that he has included. (spoiler alert) As an example,
This is my body, my body is a thing not a being, and I have no feelings for a thing, therefore, no special feelings for my body.” Naming BOP helps the transition from no feeling to a feeling experience. Then the patient can formulate a polite and “emotionally correct” statement: “This is my body, and of course, I like my body because it is my body.
And he has not forgotten to conclude the things done at the end of each and every chapter.

Since I read the whole book, I found that some of the things have been repeated. But I think that might have been purposefully done to help the readers who choose not to read the whole book, but only the necessary parts as they wish. The editing of the book was quite okay, since I found only a handful of errors.

This might be my personal view, but the way it was written was not very appealing to read. I had to force myself to hold until the end, and it made me reduce one star from the final rating. So I rate this book, 3 out of 4 stars.

Happy Healing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

This sounds like a potentially useful book for those searching for an alternative method of controlling health issues, including pain. It's unfortunate that it was so difficult to read. I'm interested in alternative methods of healing, but I think I'll have to pass on this one. Thanks for the detailed review!
writingShannon
Currently Reading: The Channeler
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshanmar12.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by writingShannon »

I recently reviewed a book that I completely disagreed with, but it was so nicely organized it kind of won me over! You didn't really say if you agreed with what was presented in the book. I would be interested to know!
Shannon
:techie-reference:
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis
Sushan Ekanayake
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now

Kelyn wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 16:34 This sounds like a potentially useful book for those searching for an alternative method of controlling health issues, including pain. It's unfortunate that it was so difficult to read. I'm interested in alternative methods of healing, but I think I'll have to pass on this one. Thanks for the detailed review!
Thanks for your time and your reply 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

Sushan Ekanayake

AKShanmar12 wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 19:17 I recently reviewed a book that I completely disagreed with, but it was so nicely organized it kind of won me over! You didn't really say if you agreed with what was presented in the book. I would be interested to know!
I agree with the concept that treating the emotional aspect will reduce the pain. But I cannot comment on this particular method since I did not try it.

Thanks for the comment 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

It sounds like this book could be used as a tool to help other people. It is not my type of read, and I don't feel as though I need its teachings, but I can definitely see other people benefitting from it. Thank you for your review.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Sushan Ekanayake

Letora wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 10:00 It sounds like this book could be used as a tool to help other people. It is not my type of read, and I don't feel as though I need its teachings, but I can definitely see other people benefitting from it. Thank you for your review.
Yes, it can be a definite help for some people. Thanks for commenting 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

Jeremie Mondejar
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

I read this book for a while, indeed, you are right. I am a bit distracted in some repeated words throughout this book, but the information quite good.
Jeremie

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Sushan Ekanayake

jeminah28 wrote: 30 Sep 2019, 05:23 I read this book for a while, indeed, you are right. I am a bit distracted in some repeated words throughout this book, but the information quite good.
Thanks for your thoughts. It is always nice to know the ideas of fellow reviewers 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

spluficvictory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 206
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spluficvictory.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by spluficvictory »

A self-help book on healing emotionally as well as physically sounds like a good read for the target audience. I like the fact that one can pick any chapter and read. I hope it gets reedited. Thanks for the review
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.” :techie-studyingbrown:
Sushan Ekanayake

spluficvictory wrote: 10 Nov 2019, 23:55 A self-help book on healing emotionally as well as physically sounds like a good read for the target audience. I like the fact that one can pick any chapter and read. I hope it gets reedited. Thanks for the review
I am glad that my review was helpful to you. Thanks for the comment 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”