Review by Bugzy3 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bugzy3
2019 Reading Goal: 40
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bugzy3.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by Bugzy3 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Bugzy3 » 09 Aug 2019, 13:31

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn zones: playing life’s bad hands by Jorge. P. Newbery is an autobiography full of very inspirational life experiences. This book has details of how Jorge moved from one burn zone to the next but still managed to keep his head up high.

From as little as seven years old, Jorge knew that in life one has to work very hard to achieve certain goals. At the age of seven he started delivering newspapers, but he wanted to make more money so he decided to also deliver the competing paper. At eleven he decided to take the money he was saving from delivering newspapers to buy an ice cream tricycle (this was his first business). He was always hungry for new challenges from selling ice cream to becoming a bus boy at the age of 13. At his 16th birthday he dropped out of school to chase his dreams. He used his bus boy earnings to start a record company which was entitled ‘youth manifesto’.

Jorge saved all his money which he had made from the record company since he was somebody that lived with his parents and had less expenditure. From those savings he bought 4000 apartments units across the United States, which resulted in a net of tens of millions of dollars. He was someone that liked to buy buildings which were rejected by many or needed extensive renovations. He would buy those buildings and change them into buildings that brought in lot of profit for him. But his desire to take more risks resulted in him losing everything and emerging over $26 million in debt.

I liked that fact that even though the author lost everything due to one natural disaster it did not stop him from giving up. This book has got lessons for everyone, it teaches us that in life there will be burn zones, but that does not mean one should give up.The author has made sure that the reader has a picture of what he is talking about by adding pictures in his book. There is nothing I did not like about the book. I read the book twice trying to find faults but found none. The book was professionally edited, which is why I will rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

This book will be loved by those that are fond of memoirs and those that love reading inspirational and motivational books then this is the one. I suggest this book to anyone facing life challenges after reading what the author went through, then that reader will see that there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Sadly this book will not be loved by those that do not like memoirs.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”