Review by Anthony__ -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
2019 Reading Goal: 10
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 330
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 248
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by Anthony__ -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Anthony__ » 07 Aug 2019, 14:12

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One of the reasons why I selected this book is because I had read Debt Cleanse by the same author and was not disappointed. Burn Zone: playing life’s bad hands is a non-fiction book written by Jorge P. Newbery. It narrates the author’s life experiences from his young age as an entrepreneur, despite all odds. This book will inspire others to walk through their own “burn zones.”

Burn Zone: playing life’s bad hands contains only ten chapters with each chapter narrating the author’s challenges and strives to become successful. Jorge started his paper delivery business from the age of seven years. After saving some few dollars, he ventured into Ice cream business. He worked as a busboy at UCLA Faculty Center before becoming a musician, bike racer, and a real estate mogul. His real estate business flourished, and he had over four thousand apartments across America with a net worth of over ten million dollars.

However, he experienced his major challenge after buying the Woodland Meadows, a 1,100-unit apartment complex, in Columbus, Ohio. Jorge is yet to recover from it. His experiences have not all been good. His challenges have created strife for him. He learned to play life’s bad hands.

I admire Jorge’s accomplishments. It shows how determination and hard work produce incredible results. He was already working as a paper delivery boy at the age of 7 years. Many people have assisted him in his life’s journey at one point or the other. I like John Howard’s teaching the most. Teachings like “Never, ever look back, as this is a sign of weakness.” These watchwords kept Jorge moving during his life challenges. Also, I appreciate Mike’s style of recruitment. It’s very insightful.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. I see a distinct connection between Burn Zone: playing life’s bad hands and Debt Cleanse (A handy book that helps debtors clear their debt). It is the author’s burn zones that gave birth to the strategic ways he used to clear his debts. Notwithstanding, Burn Zone: playing life’s bad hands is a stand-alone book.

In conclusion, I rate Burn Zone: playing life’s bad hands 4 out of 4 stars. I gave it all the stars because his story was an inspirational one with enough historical backgrounds. Also, the book is well-edited and well-structured. I found only two minor punctuation errors which did not distract my reading experience. Therefore, I would recommend it to anyone who loves inspirational books. Also, lovers of autobiographies would find this book interesting.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

daviddawud
2019 Reading Goal: 35
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 22
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daviddawud.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by daviddawud » 22 Aug 2019, 22:11

I have read this book too and I completely agree with your honest review. I found the book to be truly impressive and enjoyable. Great review you have written here!

Daniel_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel.html
Latest Review: the apathetical man by gregory martin mcleod

Post by Daniel_ » 23 Aug 2019, 01:24

Wow! Jorge's story is quite impressive; there is a lesson for us all there.
Great review!

Orizon
Currently Reading: The Adults in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Orizon » 25 Aug 2019, 07:21

Determination and hard-work open so many doors. I will read the book soon. Nice review.

LinaMueller
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 96
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by LinaMueller » 25 Aug 2019, 07:30

I've reviewed this book as well and have the same sentiments as you. Jorge P. Newbery is a decent and hard-working man. Nice review.
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson

Helena91
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helena91.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Helena91 » 26 Aug 2019, 02:47

The author is an hardworking man. He started his first business at 7 years!. Nice review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”