Review by VernaVi -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Review by VernaVi -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Verna Coy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Empowered" by Dominica Lumazar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Empowered by Dominica Lumazar is a book designed to guide business owners to success. This practical handbook will show you the way to achieve a profitable and successful business while still managing to maintain a healthy balance in life outside of a company.

I liked the way this book covers all aspects of a business from the ground up. From the beginning, it is apparent that Dominica Lumazar has experienced all the highs and lows of working for yourself. This book offers the best, and most useful, lessons learned through that experience!

What I liked most about this book is the focus on the separate aspects of a business. It is divided into chapters, and each section deals with things we need to understand about running a business successfully. One of the most valuable nuggets of wisdom was that real leadership is not defined by a job title. Many of us were born with leadership skills, but some weren’t. This book will help a “boss” learn how to be a “good boss.” By being an inspirational boss who communicates well and leads by example, entrepreneurs can encourage their employees while keeping a healthy bottom line at the same time.

This book also provides instruction on how to learn to read analytics of business, reports of sales, as well as dealing with employee theft, fraud, or embezzling. Even though these are negative subjects we don’t often like to think about, they can indeed become a problem if ignored.

Bringing your business into the 21st century is another point brought up by the author. These days, we must stay current with developing trends to keep a company from falling out of fashion and losing customers. Learning necessary computer skills or how to build a website may be intimidating at first, but will serve you well in the long run. The benefits of advertising through social media alone far outweigh any difficulty in learning how it’s done.

I enjoyed the personable and outgoing writing style of this author. I liked that I connected with the thoughts and sentiments that were expressed throughout the book. The author cares deeply about finding ways for people to find success. This caring is apparent in the encouraging manner in which she uses to speak to readers. This element of communication makes this book an easy and fun read.

There is a lot of helpful information in this book, and I appreciated the way it felt like advice coming from a friend. Even though the author recommends bringing business into the current trends, she also stresses the importance of knowing when to put down the phone, shut off the technology, and practice “digital detox.” I felt that this was some of the best advice in the book. Keeping a good balance in life with healthy boundaries between business and home would be beneficial to all business owners!

As insanely perfect as much of this wisdom is, I think the best sentence written in this book reads, “there is no such thing as failure.” If I were to break this book down into one message, that would be it. Failure is the thing we fear most in everything we endeavor in life and is also what keeps us moving forward.

By now, you can be in no doubt how much I enjoyed this book. I couldn’t find anything to dislike about it. It is written thoughtfully and carefully. It seems to be edited exceptionally well. I found only one minor error, and it did not affect the flow of this book at all. For these reasons, I am rating it with 4 out of 4 stars. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to own a business or improve the one they have now. This book will appeal the most to entrepreneurs and young professionals at any stage of life or business. If you aren’t interested in learning how to run a business successfully, this may not be the book for you.

Empowered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”