Review by Ejadeh -- Fearless Thinking, Stress-free livin...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ejadeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejadeh.html
Latest Review: Inspector Mage by Aleese Hughes

Review by Ejadeh -- Fearless Thinking, Stress-free livin...

Post by Ejadeh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fearless Thinking, Stress-free living, Guaranteed (Almost)" by Purandar A. Amin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

4 out of 4
1st impressions, easy to read, uncomplicated and realistic. Doesn't expect that you will feel better instantly but provides hope that if you open your mind throughout the book, things could change for you. Provides questions to think about yourself. Feels like the author is on the same wavelength as you, he is not superior. Just trying to use his experience to help you. Prepares you for changing your way of thinking and appreciates there are things you might not agree with but to explore these.

The chapter titles are short and memorable
There are interactive exercises so you're able to use the book as a tool
Chapter 2, mind, is a little heavy but the author appreciates this and recommends re reading to gain grasp of the concept. It is a concept I've never come across but it is interesting to look at the mind in a different way whether you agree or not.

Doesn't feel like a book you can rush through however the chapters are short so you are able to process each chapter in your own time and return if you need to, it takes a little time to get your head around the literature but it is interesting to do so and probably the best way to get the most out of it.
The chapters are written as letters which gives it a more a personal theme it feels like you're not the only person going through this. The letters are dated a few months apart which I think is important to reiterate that stress and freedom etc. Is part of the process of life it can affect us for a long time and improving ourselves can take a long time.

The use of energy and colours helps to animate the feelings and emotions and make it something we can visualise to put into practice.

Bullet points and exercise help to remember the important points being discussed.

There is a theme of past life and past life events affecting our current present body which some may believe whilst others will not. It is a different perception but don't worry the book is not based around our past lives causing us stress currently

The book encourages you to change your thought processes, to take a step back and consider your emotions actions and options

The role of karma was an interesting chapter. I do believe everything happens for a reason but never considered the karmic law playing a role this. I can't say I totally agree but it is a different perception to consider and some may find this helpful.

During chapter devils in the den, the author discusses future fears. I can't say I entirely agree because his advice is to stay in the present and not worry about tomorrow as fear is a thought, however I feel you need to plan your future in a constructive way. I understand the point of view that we shouldn't worry about something that may not even happen but I think it is important to have a plan in place. E.g. if you fear you might lose your job, it's okay to appreciate what you have today but realistically there's need to be a plan in case this happens.

Overall a very interesting read and really well edited.

Fearless Thinking, Stress-free living, Guaranteed (Almost)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”