Review by cosmokitty72 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cosmokitty72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cosmokitty72.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by cosmokitty72 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by cosmokitty72 » 03 Aug 2019, 20:10

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery shares the story of the author, who encountered many harsh trials in his journey in the real-estate business. Newbery grew up as a businessman and eventually came to improve the lives of others through his practice. Throughout his life, he went through metaphorical “burn zones,” which is a term used in cycling to describe unusually hazardous situations that the cyclist may come across. The autobiography is inspiring and uplifting, as it gives hope to those who are in helpless situations.

What I liked most about Burn Zones is the excitement that I get from Newbery’s happiness and success when he overcame the mountains that stood between him and his goal of assisting people selflessly. This part of the story sent the potent message that I can achieve anything, no matter how difficult the problems are that I encounter. However, I did not particularly enjoy the political bias that Newbery seemed to display. I understand that his opinions are a part of who he is, but that does not mean I agreed with them. This does not mean that others will not agree and enjoy this book even more than I did. With that being said, Newbery’s biased writing did not destroy my positive interpretation of the book.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4. I give it this rating because the editing appeared professional, despite a few errors. Newbery’s writing is clear and concise, as every situation is explained in detail. He also does not attempt to sway the reader’s opinion of his character and morals; Newbery is humble.

I recommend this book to those who are mature enough to understand real-estate, those who can handle offensive language and cursing, and those who wish to be successful in their own lives. The book does not contain any suggestive references. Young people are unlikely to comprehend what Newbery is talking about when he goes in-depth about his real-estate business.

Overall, Burn Zones is a tale of rocks in the road for the writer. He overcame these challenges and developed a successful business and dedicated himself to helping other people. He shares his kindness and will for everyone else’s success through his book, which I suggest to those who are willing to read it. I enjoy having read it and it is a tale that will definitely stick with me for years to come.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”