Review by Shraddha Chauhan -- Burn Zones

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shraddha Chauhan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shraddha-chauhan.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Shraddha Chauhan -- Burn Zones

Post by Shraddha Chauhan » 03 Aug 2019, 13:30

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing life’s bad hands by Jorge P. Newbery is an autobiography which throws light on the events that took place in Jorge’s life and conditions that he dealt with.

There's a saying: “Man is the maker of his fortune”. This saying applies to the writer’s life. From a very young age, Jorge always approached challenges that were beyond his control, just to prove that he had capabilities to overcome any obstacle. He worked different jobs, from being a seller of ice cream to opening his own record label company for music. His parents always supported him without any doubts while others he met, thought that he was being overconfident over his abilities. He writes his experiences in circumstances that he handled on his own and how those experiences shaped his life.

He left his schooling at 16 and decided to step up in the world to earn his own money. The initiation of the record label brought him closer to achieving a satisfaction he yearned in his life while becoming a bike racer gave him a reason to believe that he can overcome any problem if he focuses on the goal. Every event in his life gave him confidence that later, led to his downfall. He was walking up to the biggest and the hardest burn zone of his life which was almost impossible to cross, bringing clarity to his life years later.

My likeness towards the book was mainly because of the anticipation for the next event. The writer has done a very good job of making the book intriguing for its readers. He has included all the important events that took place in his life and has given a nonbiased view about them. Readers can observe his development as a person throughout the novel, and in the end, he has briefly described how he should have noticed the changes he was going through unconsciously. His life story is highly inspiring.

There were no filler chapters or things that were not needed to be written in the book which made this book more reader-friendly. The language used is simple, and the editing is precisely done. The events are elaborated, making it easier for the readers to imagine themselves in his shoes. A quote from the writer which describes this book in one sentence is:

"I needed to prove I could excel at something and, once I did, I lost interest and needed a new challenge."

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There is nothing that I disliked about this book. I’m not a fan of reading autobiographies or nonfiction, but this book is an exception, which I’ll be reading whenever I feel the need to gain inspiration in my life. I recommend this book to readers of all ages, especially those who like nonfiction, and all those who are in search of something awe-inspiring. It is interesting from the start and is a must-read.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”