Review by Tabitha_jay -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tabitha_jay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tabitha-jay.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Tabitha_jay -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Tabitha_jay » 01 Aug 2019, 09:50

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“Burn Zones are relatively short periods of extraordinary effort that separate the winners and losers” (Jorge P. Newberry)

Jorge P. Newberry’s book, Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands, is a book about his own several Burn Zones, preceding milestones in his life and career. Newberry shares his experiences from his first business venture as Paperboy to his adventures as cyclist, loan originator, real estate manager and mortgage buyer as well as some candid business advice.

He shares the intricate details of his successes and failures as well as the events that culminated in his huge loss as a real estate manager. Rising from the ashes of his failure in real estate management, he set up an innovative business that buys non-performing mortgages, helping many Americans preserve their homes.

Jorge Newberry’s story is not only inspiring, but stirring. His can-do spirit as he moves from one challenge to the other is more than infectious. While you might think the book is for people in business only, you’ll find that lessons from the book can be applied to just about any aspect of life.

Beyond the inspiring nature of the book, what I like most about it is the ‘up close, and personal’ feel as the author shares private details about his life and family, giving us a glimpse of what his inner circle is like. This makes it easier to understand his point of view and choices. I personally find this book stirring because I consider Newberry an introvert and contrary to popular opinion, he, with his life, proves that introverts can be successful in just about any field they choose.

There is nothing particularly striking I dislike about this book. The author's presentation of his story is well balanced, revealing both his popular and controversial actions. His attitude during his several burn zones are laudable and worthy of emulation.

I rate this book a perfect 4 out of 4 stars for its seamless flow, simplicity and impeccable editing. His manner of sharing his experiences make them easy to relate to.

I’ll recommend this book to everybody. Most people have had to (or will) undergo periods of hardships and disappointment in life, and I think this book is an eye-opener to the fact that those periods happen to the best of us and the worst of us, and more importantly that it does not have to be permanent.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”